• Grub problems after install

Hi I am currently using the newest install image as of May 13, 2015. I am connected via eithernet and have a fast and stable internet connection. I have also verified the iso image and there are not errors. Whenever I install at the end of the process cinchi tells me that grub was not installed properly. I am running on BIOS and not UEFI so I must have a blank partition dedicated to bios boot (which I have) in order to get grub to run.
    Unfortunately my linux knowledge is lacking and I do not know what the problem might be. Does anyone know how to fix this?

James

• Hi
    Could you upload a photo of your partition table?

• For some reason I couldnt get the screenshot function to work. I have copied the table verbatim for you:

/dev/sdb1 unknown size:1MB Flags:bios_grub
    /dev/sdb2 linux-swap size:4GB
    /dev/sdb3 ext4 size:240GB Flags: boot,esp mountpoint: /

• Hi,

Is your system UEFI capable but you are opting to use BIOS instead? For BIOS boot, I don’t recommend using a GPT partition table because it can be a hassle to get grub working properly.

• It’s the exact opposite. It is NOT UEFI compatible.

• @james-s552

@lots.0.logs said:

For BIOS boot, I don’t recommend using a GPT partition table because it can be a hassle to get grub working properly.

Posts 6Views 1581
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.