• Missing option "Current Theme" in gnome tweak tool

since I had to do a fresh install of antergos about 2 weeks ago some time later this option has disapperared. It means I am stuck with the zukitwo window borders (which could be worse cause it fits the adwaita gtk theme). nonetheless, it annoys me. I tried to disable all of my extensions, even the user themes one, but it stays like that. I can start gnome tweak tool as su from the terminal and can see the option there but actually I can’t change any theme there.

Anyone got ideas on how to fix that?

p.s.: tried removing gnome tweak tool via sudo pacman -Rns and then reinstall it but no change

p.p.s.: i can still change themes through dconf-editor

• since I had to do a fresh install of antergos about 2 weeks ago some time later this option has disapperared. It means I am stuck with the zukitwo window borders (which could be worse cause it fits the adwaita gtk theme). nonetheless, it annoys me. I tried to disable all of my extensions, even the user themes one, but it stays like that. I can start gnome tweak tool as su from the terminal and can see the option there but actually I can’t change any theme there.

Anyone got ideas on how to fix that?

p.s.: tried removing gnome tweak tool via sudo pacman -Rns and then reinstall it but no change

p.p.s.: i can still change themes through dconf-editor

• This has happened to me before. A theme contains some invalid code and the window manager hates that! You should be able to change it on the command line with:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme "Window-Theme-Name"
    gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.user-theme name "Shell-Theme-Name"
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme “GTK-Theme-Name”

Hopefully that gets you back on track

• Be aware that gnome-tweak-tools is launched as regular user, no need for su

• I am aware of that
    $ gnome-tweak-tool

(gnome-tweak-tool:26833): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: buttons.css:113:0: Expected a valid selector

(gnome-tweak-tool:26833): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: menu-button.css:70:18: Expected a border style
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power (key lid-close-suspend-with-external-monitor)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power (key lid-close-battery-action)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power (key lid-close-ac-action)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key theme)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key action-double-click-titlebar)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key action-middle-click-titlebar)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key action-right-click-titlebar)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key focus-mode)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key mouse-button-modifier)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key resize-with-right-button)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key raise-on-click)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.nautilus.desktop (key computer-icon-visible)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key titlebar-font)

• @“FaulesArschloch”:3hyokqor said:

I am aware of that
    $ gnome-tweak-tool

(gnome-tweak-tool:26833): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: buttons.css:113:0: Expected a valid selector

(gnome-tweak-tool:26833): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: menu-button.css:70:18: Expected a border style
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power (key lid-close-suspend-with-external-monitor)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power (key lid-close-battery-action)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power (key lid-close-ac-action)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key theme)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key action-double-click-titlebar)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key action-middle-click-titlebar)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key action-right-click-titlebar)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key focus-mode)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key mouse-button-modifier)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key resize-with-right-button)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key raise-on-click)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.nautilus.desktop (key computer-icon-visible)
    INFO : GSettings missing key org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences (key titlebar-font)[/quote:3hyokqor]

Did you change everything back to default using the method I posted? That should have brought everything back to normal.

• well, yes it did (thought I had posted this but beer obviously prevented me from doing that properly ladt night:D ). It also works with dconf-editor as I said. I am just curious on how to get it back working normally in gnome tweak tool itself

• It should work normally once you switched to a non broken theme. If you use gsettings to change the theme all to defaults, are you still unable to open tweak tool and make changes?

• I’ll try that later, currently switched to KDE cause everything is SO SLOW and not smooth at all in GNOME. I actually chose gnome because of that. going into activities overview for example feels like 3-4 fps lol

• well, this didn’t change anything…

• Well that’s no good. How old is your pc? What type of graphics hardware?

• well, well, so I reinstalled everything

p.s.: thank god for linux kernel 3.11! FINALLY (!) my touchpad works out of the box with all features (multitouch, two finger scrolling…). Trust me, I was really, really frustrated and tried every wiki according to the distro I used to get it working

• I know the feeling for sure. I have been dealing with my system locking up at least twice a day now for the past month. It’s definitely related to intel graphics. I have just been waiting and hoping an update would fix it HAHA…With your hardware, there really should not be any artifacts on your screen or any other GPU related nonsense. Take a look at this forum post: [https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1301253][0]">[https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1301253][1] It’s not the same exact issue, but there is some good info concerning hybrid graphics setup like the HD 4400. Cheers!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1301253

Posts 13Views 2509