• customise the antergos installation medium

Hi All,

I have installed the XFCE version and since I forsee installing it multiple times for testing various things I wondered if there was a way to customise the installation medium:

At the moment I only use the XFCE desktop environment so don’t need the option to choose which desktop environment I want. Can I download the installation medium and just make XFCE the default option?

I’d also like to be able to set defaults for passwords etc, to try and make the installation unattended?

Lastly I’d like to customise the applications, panels etc which are installed along with the xfce desktop environment is this possible?

• I’m afraid that the installer does not provide anything to faciliate that. You would have to edit the code in the appropriate places. FOr example the packages that are installed are listed in /usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml If you make changes to the list, you must lauch cnchi including the package list in the command like this:

sudo -E cnchi -d -v -p /usr/share/cnchi/packages.xml

Otherwise the package list will be downloaded from our server and your changes would be ignored.

Cheers!

• Thanks for that lots.0.logs that’s good to know.

• @lots.0.logs said:

I’m afraid that the installer does not provide anything to faciliate that. You would have to edit the code in the appropriate places. FOr example the packages that are installed are listed in /usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml If you make changes to the list, you must lauch cnchi including the package list in the command like this:

sudo -E cnchi -d -v -p /usr/share/cnchi/packages.xml

Otherwise the package list will be downloaded from our server and your changes would be ignored.

Cheers!

Would prerequisite packages be detected automatically? (Only add x when y is needed for it)

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• is it possible to rather than modify the installation media, are there tools to turn your OS into an installation media, so that only your preferred applications are installed?

• @Wyn Yes, dependencies are handled automatically.

@Yoshiserry No, I’m afraid not. Well, at least not that I am aware of. Sorry!

Posts 6Views 1278