• AMD Catalyst install script problems

Hello everyone. I’m trying to use the AMD Catalyst install script to install the official drivers. I originally followed the instructions found here, but found that I need to unzip the package, then type “python” before “sudo ./installCatalyst”.

Once I get the script running I am running into problems. I agree to install x.org 1.16 and the latest Catalyst drivers, but then an error pops up saying:

• error: xorg116: key “ABED422D653C3094” is unknown
      error: key “ABED422D653C3094” could not be looked up remotely
      error: catalyst: key “ABED422D653C3094” is unknown

Eventually it says:

• error: database ‘xorg116’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
      error: database ‘catalyst’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

It then asks if the key imported successfully, and when I select no it just tries again endlessly.

• Hi,

The script needed to be updated. Sorry about that. Before you run the updated script be sure to remove the [xorg] repo from /etc/pacman.conf

Cheers!

• Hey thanks. I’ve removed the [xorg] repository, downloaded and unzipped the updated python script, but unfortunately I am getting the same error.

• error: catalyst: key “ABED422D653C3094” is unknown
      :: Synchronizing package databases…
      catalyst 12.2 KiB 0.00B/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
      catalyst.sig 287.0 B 0.00B/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
      error: catalyst: key “ABED422D653C3094” is unknown
      error: failed to update catalyst (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
      core 122.0 KiB 652K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
      extra 1733.8 KiB 2.15M/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
      community 2.6 MiB 5.73M/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
      multilib 125.5 KiB 12.3M/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
      antergos 386.8 KiB 627K/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
      error: database ‘catalyst’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Did the key import sucessfully? [Y/n]:

• @Herdo said:

ABED422D653C3094

Run these commands and then try it again:

sudo pacman-key -r ABED422D653C3094
    sudo pacman-key --lsign ABED422D653C3094

• @lots.0.logs Thank you, it worked perfectly. In case anyone else runs across this thread, I did have to remove the [Catalyst] repository lines from my /etc/pacman.conf that were created from my previous attempt at running the script.

• Hi I’m having the same issue however when I run the command above I get this:
    gpg: connecting dirmngr at ‘/root/.gnupg/S.dirmngr’ failed: IPC connect call failed
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr
    ==> ERROR: Remote key not fetched correctly from keyserver.

Any ideas how to resolve? I’ve removed the catalyst entries from the pacman.conf as it wouldn’t allow me to run any updates otherwise.
    (I’ve indented my code 4 spaces so no idea why it isn’t showing as a code block)

EDIT. This was because there was no /root/.gnupg directory. Once I created that directory it allowed me to run the pacman-key commands. It’s now installing.

• @Eamonn-Doyle Your pacman keyring should not be in the /root directory. Did you initialize the keyring? It should have been done by the installer. You can do it with these commands:

su
    pacman-key --init
    pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos

• I didn’t. I’ve bigger problems now. I couldn’t log in after installing the video drivers so I just nuked it went again as it was only a brand new install so easier just to get back to a clean install however I’ve been unable to install ever since. I keep getting an error on Gnome Oops something went wrong when I try to log in. I was using the testing build from 20/5 as the official builds wouldn’t give me an option to install which is an issue which I’ve seen reported. So basically neither testing or official will install for me at present. I see there is a new testing build out today so I’ll give that one a shot. I’ll try the stable Catalyst drivers if I do get installed again.

• Ok. The issue with the Oh no! Something went wrong is with my usb headset. If I unplug it Gnome logs in ok and if I have it plugged it bombs.

Anyway I’m back to the original problem now of trying to install my Catalyst Graphics drivers. This time I have not created the .gnupgp directory in root as advised. However when I run both commands to reinitialise my pacman keyring it runs fine however I still get the same error where the key isn’t found.

Any ideas how to proceed without creating a .gnupgp directory in root?

• @Eamonn-Doyle Did you run the commands to locally sign the key for catalyst repo from my post here: http://forum.antergos.com/topic/2118/amd-catalyst-install-script-problems/3

• @lots.0.logs Hi. Yes I did and get exactly the same result as I did previously:

[sudo] password for eamonn: 
    gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/root/.gnupg/S.dirmngr' failed: IPC connect call failed
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr
    ==> ERROR: Remote key not fetched correctly from keyserver.

I edited the pacman.conf to remove all references to catalyst as was also suggested and reran and that made no difference.

I also ran these:

su
    pacman-key --init
    pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos

That still refuses to allow that key to import.

I presumed the right order would be to run the init commands to build the package list from scratch and then run the import of the key. If that order isn’t correct then please advise of the correct sequence and I’ll give that a shot?

• Ok finally found something that worked that didn’t involve creating a .gnupgp in /root.

Running this

sudo dirmngr </dev/null

then carry on as normal.

script2 amd24 driver43 catalyst8 gpu11 Posts 12Views 4480