• How to customize login screen?

Hi. I have installed cinnarch, err, antegos from the latest media. I don’t like the style of the current login screen. What’s the best way to modify it? I really liked the original one from the launch of cinnarch.

• Hi. I have installed cinnarch, err, antegos from the latest media. I don’t like the style of the current login screen. What’s the best way to modify it? I really liked the original one from the launch of cinnarch.

• If you are using Cinnamon, then download mintdm from the AUR. Its what I have been using for a while and it supports tons of themes that you can select using the GUI tool. Easiest route would be:

yaourt mintdm && sudo systemctl disable lxdm.service && sudo systemctl enable mintdm.service

• i am familiar with MDM. It does not seem to work well with adding GDM themes, in arch linux, anyways. I can add them into MINT with success. Are there any other tools that are GUI friendly like that?

• I’ve actually been using MDM on my system for over 3 months now without any issues. Yes, there are some themes that just don’t appear correctly but if you stick to the themes that are made for Linux Mint 14 and up then they usually work fine. The only other easy option that has themes available is gdm-old which I had problems with before I switch to MDM.

• I’ll play around with it some more then, as it does have lots of options. Thanks.

• Yeah that’s pretty much the only option. I’ve always been the type that likes to change themes, login screens, ect pretty regularly. Although these days, it seems like there are fewer available options with each release

Posts 7Views 2429