• A new DE making its way to Antergos...

Hmm…

I smell a new desktop environment making its way to Antergos… yey…
    Oh wait, its there, just needs its name to appear in cnchi…
    I smell one of the most beautiful desktops coming to Antergos…
    Antergos’ first compiz based desktop…
    Antergos gonna be the only distro besides the original to have this Desktop…

Much Awesome WOW!!

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• https://plus.google.com/u/0/102096143458158980270/posts/2tMXa2J4z7e
    :innocent:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• So here’s our official response: I can confirm that work is currently underway to make the deepin desktop environment available to our users. Though I’m afraid the announcement on deepin’s website is premature as we are not yet ready. We will make an official announcement on our website once we’ve completed the work and deepin desktop is available in our repos.

Cheers!

• First time I’ve ever heard of Deepin, looks like a fork of Gnome? I don’t see an English option on their website (Spam filter blocked me from posting it), it’s in Chinese.

Found it in Arch for anyone interested in trying out https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deepin_Desktop_Environment

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn
    Their website’s default language is chinese.
    The option to change the language is in the top right corner, that globe thing.

Now, since you’ve never heard of Deepin before, I want you to just Google image search “Deepin music” and "Deepin movie"
    JUST DO IT!!

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• who needs a DE

:wink:

#openbox

• @lots.0.logs To me it seems you guys take every other desktop and make it better. It looks better and runs faster. I’m waiting for you guys to make your own DE - maybe call it the 'Ant" or something like that.

• @Yash said:

@Wyn
    Their website’s default language is chinese.
    The option to change the language is in the top right corner, that globe thing.

Now, since you’ve never heard of Deepin before, I want you to just Google image search “Deepin music” and "Deepin movie"
    JUST DO IT!!

Ok ok I’m spinning up a vm lol.

The globe wasn’t clickable on the main page, but works in the about us page.

Here’s the announcement: http://en.bbs.deepin.or*/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=30163

Replace * with a g spam filter blocks it.

@megaman said:

who needs a DE

:wink:

#openbox

#plasma

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn i already have a plasma tv :tv:

• @megaman

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Plasma

• @megaman

:relaxed:

• Got neither!!! (plasma or TV)!:thumbsdown:
    But I can always find some open box around!!!:laughing:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• DDE is nice but thats the first DE i used for a long time and know that i am using Arch Linux via antergos i have my KDE set up very beautifully and i hate to be like users in other Linux DE’s like gnome and unity but i don’t think i want to switch even though DDE is great and all i’v never used it in an Arch platform…so who know that may be reason enough to give it a try an i’m the type of guy who like’s to try all the interfaces to make sure i have what i like but i will tell you if i ever move to another distro the only one i would move to is genuine Arch Linux…if Antergos has one my heart and continues to impress more and more each day then the Genuine version should do the same…but i think im happy with my distro…but ill still play with all the DE’s

• any plans to bring the birdie desktop environment I would love to see what arch looks like as chrome-os like?

• I tried deepin last year and i found it stylish, but I never really found it as tweakable as other DEs I tried. I’ve always used gnome, then xfce (when gnome 3 arrived), then mate and now I’m trying gnome again thanks to Antergos. I would definitely try dde as long as you guys give it your touch!
    Cheers

Posts 54Views 19407