• Gnome Music not launching

Hey Antergos Forum,

I am having a problem with Gnome Music (the default music player for gnome 3). Whenever I click on the icon it will attempt to launch and then never show up. I have checked the application monitor and the process is not running. I am currently running the default gnome 3 install as of May 5, 2015 and am fully updated. I have also not installed any new apps post installation.

I have tried reinstalling the program and have also reinstalled the os a couple of times on a fast broadband connection connected via eithernet cable and have not had any luck fixing this issue. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks

James

• Hi,

Please post the contents of your logs after attempting to launch Gnome Music a few times. Thanks.

• Hey,

Could you please tell me how I can get a hold of these logs to give to you? I’m rather new to linux and the command line.

Thanks

James

• @jas903 Open a terminal and run it from there, what do you see?

Also, try running totem (install it if you don’t have it) and then run gnome music, works now?

Cheers!

• Hey,
    So I tried running the command “gnome-music” in the terminal and it opened normally. After that I tried running it without the terminal and now it works just fine. I have no idea what was wrong. At any rate it works! Thanks a lot for your help.

James

• I have a similar issue: Gnome Music won’t open. Here’s the output when opening it from the command line:

** (gnome-music:1934): WARNING **: Couldn’t register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/gnomemusic/grilo.py:94: Warning: The property SoupSession:ssl-ca-file is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
    self.registry.load_all_plugins()
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I also checked that totem is installed, and it is.

• @steven5632

I also checked that totem is installed, and it is.

Because of a bug (that I don’t know if it affects you or not) it’s not only necessary to have totem installed but you have to launch it at least once.

Cheers!

• @karasu I tried Gnome Music again yesterday and now it works! I don’t know what fixed it, but there were a few updates between attempts, so I’ll put it down to that. You’ve got to love a rolling distribution!

• Hi there,

I get the same Error trying to start gnome-music, totem is installed and my system is up to date.

$ gnome-music
    /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/gnomemusic/grilo.py:94: Warning: The property SoupSession:ssl-ca-file is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
    self.registry.load_all_plugins()
    Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)
  • @jormsen Did you try to run totem first?

• Had the same problem with gnome-music.
    I can confirm : running totem once solves it.

Just launched totem, closed it, launched gnome-music again and it worked

• Thank you, thought i did, but starting totem solved the problem ;)

Posts 12Views 3922