• The dock is always fixed and it is over the name Activities...

Hi , I am new on Antergos and Arch Distros. when I put my mouse in the left corner of the screen above, the dock is over the name Activities, and i dont know what i need to do . I already reinstalled and same thing happening . help me with answers.

• Can you post an image so we understand your problem?

Thanks!

• Which interface are you using KDE, Gnome, XFCE, Cinnamon, Mate, or Openbox…That along with a screen shot of the area where the issue is occurring would help a great deal. :+1:

• HERE IS ON THE LEFT TOP OF THE SCREEN

Screenshot from 2015-05-04 00-43-28.jpg

• Follow these steps…it looks like you’re using cinnamon I use kde but this should work for you.

locate the panel
    panle.png

right click and unlock widgets if necessary
    panle1.png

now go to panel options
    panle2.png

and click panel settings
    panle3.png

something like this will happen
    panle4.png

the horizontal arrows adjust the length of the panel adjusting these will reveal the activities tab…in here there are also tons more helpful options to tweak your panel

• i’m use GNOME

• That’s a lot of icons!!! xD

You could try the dock extension and then set autohide to true.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/307/dash-to-dock/

It’s in our repository, so you can install it with:
    sudo pacman -S gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock

Cheers!

• Wow i thought it was Cinnamon…lol i didn’t think you could put that many icons on Gnome. Hue Hue Hue

• @karasu said:

That’s a lot of icons!!! xD

You could try the dock extension and then set autohide to true.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/307/dash-to-dock/

It’s in our repository, so you can install it with:
    sudo pacman -S gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock

Cheers!

The dock extension is installed by default (which is why his dash is visible on the desktop :wink: hehe) The developer of the extension specifically warns about this issue. I’m afraid you’ll need to reduce the number of apps you have added to your favorites. Sorry!

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• @lots.0.logs said:

The dock extension is installed by default (which is why his dash is visible on the desktop hehe

An alternative could be placing the dock at the bottom (where there is more space) instead on the left. I mean, should some1 want to have that many icons…:sweat:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

Posts 10Views 1923