• External USB disk and USB pen not recognized in nautilus

In the past few days, don’t know when it ocurred, it ws probably after some “sudo pacman -Syu” but nautilus stopped recognizing external usb drives. Been looking for solutions ever since, but can’t find an answer. I’m fairly new to antergos, used ubuntu before.

My “lsblk -f” shows my external usb drive (in this case my PSP card) but it is not mounted as media (am i making sense?)

Also nautilus stop show my hard drive by label and it shows them as “sdx” etc…

Any help? Please
    Thank you in advance

• Try running this command: gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true

Also check that your user belongs to the storage group.

Let me know if it helps. Cheers!

• hi sorry for taking so long to answer but most of the week days i’am way from my pc.
    My user belongs to “storage” group.
    I tryed to do : gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true but that diidn’t work out.
    Any other suggestion i may take? or places to look for an answer?

Thanks

• I have managed to find a “temporary” solution.

After doing “sudo pacman -S udiskie” i wrote in a terminal “udiskie” and nautilus recognized my “WD Passport USB drive immediately”. After that i could read and write from my external usb disk.
    After shuting down and restarting my PC i will probably have to manually do “udiskie” in a terminal again to acess my usbv drives.

It remains to be seen.

Thank You!

Posts 4Views 1123