• External USB disk and USB pen not recognized in nautilus

In the past few days, don’t know when it ocurred, it ws probably after some “sudo pacman -Syu” but nautilus stopped recognizing external usb drives. Been looking for solutions ever since, but can’t find an answer. I’m fairly new to antergos, used ubuntu before.

My “lsblk -f” shows my external usb drive (in this case my PSP card) but it is not mounted as media (am i making sense?)

Also nautilus stop show my hard drive by label and it shows them as “sdx” etc…

Any help? Please
    Thank you in advance

• Try running this command: gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true

Also check that your user belongs to the storage group.

Let me know if it helps. Cheers!

• hi sorry for taking so long to answer but most of the week days i’am way from my pc.
    My user belongs to “storage” group.
    I tryed to do : gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount true but that diidn’t work out.
    Any other suggestion i may take? or places to look for an answer?

Thanks

• I have managed to find a “temporary” solution.

After doing “sudo pacman -S udiskie” i wrote in a terminal “udiskie” and nautilus recognized my “WD Passport USB drive immediately”. After that i could read and write from my external usb disk.
    After shuting down and restarting my PC i will probably have to manually do “udiskie” in a terminal again to acess my usbv drives.

It remains to be seen.

Thank You!

Posts 4Views 1806
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.