• Failed Installation...Now left with only Grub screen.

Hello, I seem to be in over my head and am hoping someone can help me out. I was running elementary OS on my laptop and tried to install Antergos from live usb. At the end of installation there was an error (something like “unable to create partition”. When I closed out, and restarted the computer (thinking I would be back to elementary OS), I now just get a black screen saying Start PXE over IPv4, then Start PXE over IPv6, then the Grub screen.
    Is there any way to reboot from the live usb from this screen? I am new to this so very specific instructions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

• @archras Hi, are you referring to the grub emergency shell or the normal grub boot screen? Could you take a picture with your phone and post it here?

• @lots.0.logs I’m sorry, I am not able to take a picture. The header says GNU GRUB version 2.02~beta2-9 followed by "Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file."
    grub>

Is that the emergency shell?

• Whenever I install a new distro I keep a SuperGrub2 usb stick at hand… just in case.
    SuperGrub2 Disk
    It will let boot most operating systems and bring you back to elementary OS. Once there you’ll be able to re-install grub
    sudo grub-install /dev/sda
    sudo update-grub
    Antergos is a great distro, but unfortunately the cnchi installer is not yet ready for prime time and often ends up with an error message.

Intel NUC D54250WYK, 16 Gb RAM, 1 Tb SSD
    Multi -boot (no MS-Win &no UEFI) Legacy MBR with GPT

• @ant77 Thank you for this…so do I download the SuperGrub2 iso, and then use something like imagewriter to transfer to usb?

• @archras said:

@ant77 Thank you for this…so do I download the SuperGrub2 iso, and then use something like imagewriter to transfer to usb?

Make your usb stick with gnome-disks:
    http://forum.antergos.com/topic/2051/i-can-t-boot-antergos-from-usb-in-ubuntu-14-04/10

• @ant77 ok, I have my SuperGrub2 usb now and restarted my laptop…but how do I access it from the grub screen? I really appreciate your help with this.

• @archras Once you boot Supergrub2 you should land in an orange screen with all of your OS listed. If you check their website, they have plenty help and documentation pages, please take the time to read and find what you need. Good luck.

• @ant77 thanks again, I will try to figure out how to get the usb to boot.

• got it!!

grub69 installation194 Posts 10Views 2228