• Unable to boot off of LVM on a mdadm managed RAID

I think the problem may be because the lvm2 hook is loaded before the mdadm one is. When it starts attempting to boot I noticed the output along the lines of “loading early hook lvm2” (I’m paraphrasing), but mdadm is not loaded as an early hook, and is instead loaded later in the boot process.

The mkinitcpio.conf file states that the order of the hooks given in the file matters, so I moved mdadm to be before autodetect hoping this would do something useful, but it didn’t seem to have any effect.

Is there a way to cause mdadm to start up before lvm2, or is this a different problem?

• I think the problem may be because the lvm2 hook is loaded before the mdadm one is. When it starts attempting to boot I noticed the output along the lines of “loading early hook lvm2” (I’m paraphrasing), but mdadm is not loaded as an early hook, and is instead loaded later in the boot process.

The mkinitcpio.conf file states that the order of the hooks given in the file matters, so I moved mdadm to be before autodetect hoping this would do something useful, but it didn’t seem to have any effect.

Is there a way to cause mdadm to start up before lvm2, or is this a different problem?

Posts 3Views 664