• [Solved]No window boarders When using CCSM

Hello,
    I have recently made Compiz my window manager on my Antergos KDE environment…Which is nice as now i can apply Compiz effects to my desktop and they will be permanent, but now i have no window boarders. i have checked the window decoration box in Compiz but i still have to borders. Also i cannot maximize windows on the screen by dragging them left. right, up, and down.

How can i fix this?

• @Tristan-Conard

You need to set which window decorator you want to use. To set the default decorator for Compiz, start CCSM - you can do this by running ccsm. Then navigate to the ‘Effects’ section and ensure that the ‘Window Decoration’ plugin is ticked. Finally, click on the ‘Window Decoration’ button and in the ‘Command’ field enter the relevant command for your decorator:

• emerald --replace
    • gtk-window-decorator --replace
    • kde4-window-decorator --replace

More info: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compiz#Window_Decoration

Of course, you have to install the decorator of your choosing.

Cheers!

• @karasu

Well i restarted my laptop an now i have my borders back…maybe that was just a small bit of lag…but for some reason i cannot maximize my windows to the left, right, and full screen positions .

• @TAC_Tux Open CCSM, scroll down to the last section (I don’t remember its name)
    and check ‘resize windows’

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• it is checked…but i am just using emerald to run my window titles and borders…idk how to label my post as solved

• @TAC_Tux It doesnt matter if you use emerald or whatever for window borders, you need to check that in CCSM to be able to resize windows.

If the problem is sloved, just edit the first post and change it to “[SOLVED] <topic here>”

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• @Yash
    It is it checked, has been since i installed compiz.

Posts 7Views 1240