• After automated install, don't see bootloader

I have a desktop with a uefi motherboard and windows on one 2TB hard drive. I’m trying to install Antergos on another, 500GB hard drive. I used the automated install and chose to put the bootloader on the same drive (the 500GB one). Everything installs fine. But when I reboot, there isn’t an option for the antergos bootloader. Just the Windows Bootloader and the individual drives. Selecting the 500GB drive directly just takes me to a blank screen with a blinking underscore that eventually asks me reboot and select a proper boot device.

Is there something I’m missing, or a guide for a manual partritioning install on a uefi motherboard?

• It seems that the bootloader was not properly installed. If you could grab the installer log from your ANtergos partition (its in /var/log/ that would be helpful.

• I’m going through the live usb to chroot into the hard drive where antergos was installed, but I get
    mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'
    How do you chroot on this? Or did you want me to get the /var/log/ that is on the live usb?

• You have used LVM in your installation, right?

To find Volume Groups: vgscan
    To activate a Volume Group: vgchange -ay <VOLGROUP>
    To show available Volumes: lvs
    To mount a Volume: mount /dev/<VOLGROUP>/<VOLUME> /mnt

I hope this helps.

• @karasu Thanks
    @lots-0-logs So I see a postinstall-20150501-114109.log in /var/log/. Using
    journalctl -b -0 > /tmp/journal
    does not find any journal files though. Maybe since I’m working through the live usb. What’s the best way to attach this to the forum?

• @patches do you see a file named similar to the postinstall file but starting with cnchi- instead?

• This post is deleted!
  • @lots.0.logs Yes, following the how-to on posting log files here, I was able to put it in an archive but now how did I get the archive out of the hdd I chrooted into to post it here?

• @patches The easiest method would be with a USB flash drive if you have one 😄

• [logs.tar](uploading 100%)
    I got the log file.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o4io8k62f2ikgv/logs.tar?dl=0

grub89 install80 windows50 uefi37 dual boot21 Posts 10Views 2593
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.