• Antergos rising up distrowatch

nice to see antergos getting some views over at distrowatch. ranked #19 over last 30 days.

2015-04-30--1430424675_345x518_scrot.png

• Good, great job.

Antergos (Gnome)

• Worthy of being Top 10 after trying most of the others, it is now my distro of choice for about a year. See no reason to change.

Great work team :thumbsup:

• Antergos deserves better ranking in distrowatch. It should be in the top 3 :+1:

Intel NUC D54250WYK, 16 Gb RAM, 1 Tb SSD
    Multi -boot (no MS-Win &no UEFI) Legacy MBR with GPT

• Hi,

I cared for this ranking at the very beginnings, but now I really don’t. I realised that it follows more what is trending than quality. There is also the thing that they’re comparing distros with different targets. It makes no sense to compare Mint with CentOS or Elementary with Arch, for instance.

Having said that, it’s always nice to see Antergos going up xD

Cheers!

• @megaman 4 of top 20 are Arch-based distros too.

• @jaws222 said:

@megaman 4 of top 20 are Arch-based distros too.

wonder how many are ubuntu based? some of those distros ive never heard of before.

• @karasu said:

Hi,

I cared for this ranking at the very beginnings, but now I really don’t. I realised that it follows more what is trending than quality. There is also the thing that they’re comparing distros with different targets. It makes no sense to compare Mint with CentOS or Elementary with Arch, for instance.

Having said that, it’s always nice to see Antergos going up xD

Cheers!

i dont really see it as a ranking of how good a distro is or comparing anything. just as the it says above the ranking “page hit ranking” just to show what people are looking at. myself i just like to look at what new distros are going on out there.

yes it doesnt hurt to have antergos climb the charts
    :thumbsup: :bowtie:

• dang we dropping down to #40 on the list now :scream: that chromium distro took our spot :rage:

if you cant beat them…add them to your DE install list :laughing:

• @megaman

Enlightenment, Plasma and Deepin are on the todo already. Too many already lol.

Luckily the tedious Plasma testing is being done.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• That fact that we recently rose in the distrowatch rankings is only due to the fact that the team recently announced a newer release. REgardeless, it is good to see

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• WOW, so much changes in Distrowatch ranking…
    I last checked distrowatch in 2014 n the whole game’s changed(except for mint’s position)
    Never thought Debian would ever take over Ubuntu.

I personally think Ubuntu should replace Mint’s position(1st), ZorinOS should replace Debian’s current position(2nd) and Mint should replace Antergos’s position(43) xD
    Bring Antergos back in top 20.
    Chromixium is good actually, better than lot of crap in top 20s.
    Thought that aint gonna happen, Mint users LOVE distrowatch it seems…

Woah, Manjaro in top 10 o.O Really?
    What the hell is elementary even doing in top 10?
    Too bad Zorin got pushed away(9 -> 25)… IMO Zorin should be suggested to Linux newbies coming from Windows over Mint.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• DistroWatch numbers are effectively useless just in general…only explains what is Trending and even that is obvious based on release dates and such.

@Yash Ubuntu is actually higher than Linux Mint it is just that DistroWatch numbers are incredibly skewed and flawed.

Every version of Linux Mint is counted simply as “Linux Mint” where as all of the Ubuntu Flavors are split up. You will notice there is no such thing as Linux Mint MATE or Linux Mint KDE on the list, you only see Linux Mint where as you will certainly see Ubuntu MATE and Kubuntu on the list. This means that people using Linux Mint Cinnamon, Linux Mint MATE, Linux Mint KDE, Linux Mint XFCE and etc. are all counted as “Linux Mint”.

Ubuntu Unity is the only version of Ubuntu that is counted simply as “Ubuntu”.

If you were to combined all of the Ubuntu Flavors into one stat you would see that Ubuntu is vastly outmatching Linux Mint in HPD (to Distrowatch).

Ubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, Ubuntu GNOME, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu Kylin, Xubuntu, and Ubuntu Studio = 4103

Ubuntu+ = 4103
    Linux Mint+ = 2917

So Ubuntu is actually on the top because Linux Mint numbers are combined and thus flawed.

Personal: http://michaeltunnell.com
    Business: http://visuex.com

• Α bad thing about Antergos` reputation is that Cnchi installation problem. What used to be its vast advantage, that is…I keep reading more & more often complaints about problems to run Cnchi properly. Personally (and with 3 different successful installations) I am very satisfied with it
    I believe this is where the devs should focus most at present…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch said:

Α bad thing about Antergos` reputation is that Cnchi installation problem. What used to be its vast advantage, that is…I keep reading more & more often complaints about problems to run Cnchi properly. Personally (and with 3 different successful installations) I am very satisfied with it
    I believe this is where the devs should focus most at present…

I agree 100%

• again i dont think distrowatch rankings mean much but just kinda fun to look at.

• Α bad thing about Antergos` reputation is that Cnchi installation problem.

I think the reputation is more along the lines of “Antergos will either not work at all or it will be the absolutely simplest and easy Linux install you will ever do.”

Antergos doesn’t really have a grey area, it is either broken or completely amazing. Antergos’ Cnchi has worked for me every time that I tried it other than when Arch started transitioning KDE4 to Plasma5 but that is more of Arch’s fault than Cnchi’s.

Personal: http://michaeltunnell.com
    Business: http://visuex.com

• @MichaelTunnell

#1 complaint I’m hearing is how slow antergos mirrors are :/

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @megaman said:

again i dont think distrowatch rankings mean much but just kinda fun to look at.

That`s for sure!

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @MichaelTunnell said:

I think the reputation is more along the lines of “Antergos will either not work at all or it will be the absolutely simplest and easy Linux install you will ever do.

Quite true, Michael. I don`t know it it has to do with more people getting to kwow Antergos and how many users were able to complete the installation procedure faultlessly, but I am kinda of tired reading about Cnchi problems lately …

Posts 23Views 6285