• Mount old 'Home' in new instllation from Evo/lution

Alright, so I’m planning to install arch (via evolution) and I want to keep my Home drive as such in the next installation. Yep, I had checked the ‘home in seperate partition’ option in cnchi when I installed antergos.

Why am I installling via Evo/Lution and not cnchi? Because my internet is slow asf (How much slow? Youtube at 144p wastes my time buffering :smile: ) and installing antergos w/gnome in one go is gonna take foreverand I don waana go with any other DE.
    With Evo/Lution, I can put Linux, Arch base and basic stuff for installation on one night and seperately install the Gnome DE on the other :D
    Just an idea, I might change my mind, if other suggestions come…

Yeah, so I wanted to know if its possible to mount old ‘home’ partition as a new ‘home’ partition from cfdisk(Evo offers that :smirk: )
    Do I have to manually delete all the .whatever folders from home before installing?
    Should I go with arch (all commandline) or Evo or cnchi?

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• @Yash I use to change the username from an installation to another: this will get clean DE settings (eg. I had problems upgrading Gnome 3.14 to 3.16) and you can always move your data (and old settings) from your old home folder

• Why not install Antergos base option?

• @rossocrama Ok then I’ll move my old home

@karasu I almost forgot about base xD
    Mind changed, I’m going with cnchi! xD

New Questions arise :confused:
    -What all things does cnchi noX install? Just so I know what all things I’ll have to care about after base installation. Is the list same as that of cnchi 0.6? (I have 0.6’s packages list.)
    -This Might sound stupid, but does it install grub?
    -Will it use your ‘black’ spalsh screen or will I see everything loading in antergos base at startup?
    -Can I install the proprietrary drivers skipping the xf86-video-ati? Should I? (cuz In the end I’m gonna go proprietrary)

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• another question, does installing multiple different DE’s slow down the system?

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• @Yash

The most important thing is that you’ll have to setup your ethernet network with netctl (do not worry, it’s very easy)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Netctl

About your questions:

What all things does cnchi noX install? Just so I know what all things I’ll have to care about after base installation. Is the list same as that of cnchi 0.6? (I have 0.6’s packages list.)

Yes, it is. (at least I do not recall a big change here).

This Might sound stupid, but does it install grub?

Of course!

Will it use your ‘black’ spalsh screen or will I see everything loading in antergos base at startup?

It uses the ‘quiet’ option in grub, so yes, it will be black.

Can I install the proprietrary drivers skipping the xf86-video-ati? Should I? (cuz In the end I’m gonna go proprietrary)

Nope, it will install the open ones. You’ll have to replace them with catalyst. Be careful because sometimes catalyst driver needs an old Xorg version, too (it depends on the driver version).

does installing multiple different DE’s slow down the system?

Not at all. It only eats your harddisk space :grimacing:

• @karasu

The most important thing is that you’ll have to setup your ethernet network with netctl (do not worry, it’s very easy)

Installed arch the arch way once, so that shouldn’t be a big problem.

Hey, does Antergos install some additional wifi drivers over arch?
    Cuz when I first installed Arch, the wifi wasn’t working(gnome) and I had to do some hack n stuff(wiki,forums) to get it working.
    While this was not the case with Antergos, both live session and installed version had my wifi working.

Maybe some network package was not installed properly in arch installation, maybe you give additional wifi drivers. Just wanted to clarify myself.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Facing a problem.
    Cnchi installer updates and says ‘restarting cnchi’ but nothing shows up.
    and then even if I try to open cnchi from menu, nothing shows up,
    terminal command ‘cnchi’ does’nt do anything either.

I have the new year’s ISO. (Gnome 3.14)
    any cinchi dependency, that needs to be updated?

UPDATE: I checked cnchi.log, it says

[2015-04-29 18:48:22] [cnchi] INFO: Detected GTK version 3.14.5 but version 3.16.0 is needed.

there’s no package with name 'gtk’
    what do I need to update?
    Do I need to download latest ISO for that?

UPDATE #2 : Updated gtk3 package. cnchi still doesnt show up.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• @Yash You’ll need to update a lot of packages. It’s better to download the latest iso.

Cheers!

• @karasu So, I downloded the minimal ISO.
    It connects to internet, cnchi updates, and never shows up.

Full ISO is freakin’ huge now.

So, I downloaded Evo/Lution and installed Arch+Gnome via Lution.

Now, how do I add Antergos Repo to this to complete my antergos installation? :laughing:

Is pacman key required for every repo that’s added?

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

Posts 10Views 1964