• Udisk instead of umount

when unmounting a usb disk, by command umount or by GUI (right click on icon then select “safe remove”), the usb disk just get unmount, but it is still ON.
    but the command udisk --detach /dev/sd* turns [b:2ra465iu]OFF[/b:2ra465iu] the usb disk. so it’s safer to remove the disk from the socket.

is it possible to use udisk command instead of umount in GUI applications? or merge umount and udisk.

system:
    Antergos
    kde 4.10
    asus 1215n

[b:2u2naw1p]Linux is not a software. Linux is a philosophy.[/b:2u2naw1p]

• when unmounting a usb disk, by command umount or by GUI (right click on icon then select “safe remove”), the usb disk just get unmount, but it is still ON.
    but the command udisk --detach /dev/sd* turns [b:2ra465iu]OFF[/b:2ra465iu] the usb disk. so it’s safer to remove the disk from the socket.

is it possible to use udisk command instead of umount in GUI applications? or merge umount and udisk.

system:
    Antergos
    kde 4.10
    asus 1215n

• Nautilus already uses gvfs which depends on udisks2. When you unmounts a usb from nautilus it should be removed like you want. If you can see your USB in the list could be that some data is still going to the USB, but when the data transfer of cached files is complete, the USB should disappear from there

• I knew nautilus uses this utility. and I wish I could use gnome, but I cant. and I’m using KDE. anw way to do this on KDE?

• Oh sorry, I forgot the KDE thing -.- xD

I really don’t know what dolphin uses (are you using dolphin?) but I think that if dolphin is not unmounting your USB’s right… then there’s something wrong. I don’t think dolphin uses directly umount though.

I can’t test right now to plug/unplug an USB on a KDE environment, but I will try it and see what happens

• yes, as you know the default file manager in KDE is dolphin.
    dolphin unmounts USBs successfully, but it does not detach them like in nautilus.

Thank you in advance

• mybe we can make a KDE widget to do this job…

Posts 7Views 1599