• Missing PacmanXG4 (no longer Part of Gnome Desktop?)

How do I install PacmanXG4 graphical Installer?

• Hi,

It’s available in our repo. You can install it using pacman or the pamac GUI app. Cheers!

• PacmanXG never was “part of gnome desktop” but part of the default Antergos install. I didnt know that it was out of the Antergos basic install, wasn’t it?

as a pacman graphic interface/manager pacmanxg is optional

• Hi,
    Thanks for your answers and please excused my (?) bad English!
    PacmanXG4 was part oft he default Antergos installation.
    But not anymore since the new Installer 2015.04.12 about 2 weeks ago!
    I tried to install PacmanXG4 with the package manager - does not work
    I tried to install with terminal / shell - does not work
    How am I get it installed???
    On a different Notebook it still works fine!
    So, there must be a way to get it (PacmanXG4) running.
    I am not very familiar with the Forum. i mean how everything works.
    Mayby someone could give me the right “commands” to install it?!

Thanks a lot in advance
    tengelin

• @tengelin :

First, check that you have the multilib repository enabled in /etc/pacman.conf
    Then, to install:

sudo pacman -Syu
    sudo pacman -S pacmanxg4

Cheers!

• To enable the multilib repo, open /etc/pacman.conf and remove the # symbols before these two lines.

#[multilib]
    #Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

When you’re done, it should look like

[multilib]
    Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Then run @karasu’s commands

sudo pacman -Syu
    sudo pacman -S pacmanxg4
  • that was a much cleaner example then the one i posted
    :smile:

we should whip these antergos wikis in to shape
    :+1:

• @megaman said:

that was a much cleaner example then the one i posted

:thumbsup: Please do! There is only so much that our core team of developers can accomplish. Help from the community with the forum and wiki is needed, wanted, and will be appreciated! If anyone has any trouble with the wiki please contact me. There are still many items on my list for completing the underlying platform though it is for the most part functional :sweat_smile:

Cheers!

• will do :+1:

if i get some extra time off from work this week ill get started and hopefully some other guys here in the forum help out also.
    :smiley:

• Hi, there …
    to all of you trying to help me solving my problem - thank you very much!
    Just got home again and will now try what I can manage with your suggestions.

Lets see …

tengelin

• Hi karasu and pid1,
    I tried what you have suggested to me and also compared my working Notebook
    (with PacmanXG4 on it) and the new Notebook without it.
    The “pacman.conf” files are exactly the same. Even one of them works fine, both have the hash keys up Front! Only "“community” has non!
    In my view this can not be the problem not being able to install Pacmanxg4.

Since I was not able to remove the hash key because of “Root” rights.
    I even installed Caja filemanager instead of nautilus in order to get better rights

• When I try to install Pacmanxg4, either with Terminal or package manager I always get a error message witch has to do with dependencies!
    Even I have installed this dependencies new - I get the next error message! I am wondering about why PacmanxG4 is no longer part of Cnchi Installer? That is not a god thing in my opinion.
    It act those dependencies just fine and made it for newbies much easier to deal with Arch.
    Users who Knows what they are doing using Arch Plain anyway, or am I wrong?

• to me it seems to be a problem with "lib32-libxft
    /lib(xxx) /lib(xxx) etc. and dependencies like this!

• @tengelin said:

to me it seems to be a problem with "lib32-libxft
    /lib(xxx) /lib(xxx) etc. and dependencies like this!

Did you follow pid1’s instructions? They solve the lib32 issues you’re having.

@lots.0.logs said:

@megaman said:

that was a much cleaner example then the one i posted

:thumbsup: Please do! There is only so much that our core team of developers can accomplish. Help from the community with the forum and wiki is needed, wanted, and will be appreciated! If anyone has any trouble with the wiki please contact me. There are still many items on my list for completing the underlying platform though it is for the most part functional :sweat_smile:

Cheers!

What would the Antergos wiki need that the arch linux wiki doesn’t have? If Antergos used it’s own repo’s I would understand.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Stopped using PacmanXG for a while now as it started to freeze my whole PC. Happened on 2 installs. Using Pamac & no issues.

• @Wyn The Arch wiki is great. Though it can be a bit like information overload for less experienced linux users. My goal for our wiki is to supplement the Arch Wiki by including only what’s most important/relevant on a topic and do so in a way that makes it easier to understand for non-developers/linux veterans.

Cheers!

• @tengelin Use this command to edit the file. You do need to delete the # characters before the multilib repo sections.

sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf
  • As an aside, I would suggest using Pamac instead of PacmanXG4.

• @pid1

I would suggest octopi over pamac :)

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @pid1
    Since pamac is the default manager and pacmanxg4 is no longer part of the cnchi installer I will probably go for pamac in the future!

Posts 41Views 12818