• New Forum Feature: Question and Answer Topics

Did you notice the new link in the main menu (the question mark icon)? If so, you are probably curious about its purpose. If you hadn’t noticed it, I’m sure its safe to say you too are now curious about its purpose, am I right? Well, here it is…Topics can now be marked as Questions. When a new Question is created, it’s status will be Unsolved. You can view all unsolved questions using the new link in the main menu. Once a question has been answered, the person who asked the question (or a moderator) can change the status to Solved from within the Topic Tools menu.

So, how can you tell if a question topic is solved or unsolved? There will be a marker in the title. These markers are automatically changed when the status of a question is changed! Yep, that’s right…no more editing the title to add the word [SOLVED]! Here’s a quick overview of the Q&A workflow:

1. Ask A Question:
      -2015-04-24_00-31-08.png

2. The question appears in topic listings as Unsolved:
      -2015-04-24_00-33-20.png

3. The question was solved for the question owner so they mark it as such:
      -2015-04-24_00-35-19.png

4. The question now appears in topic listings as Solved:
      -2015-04-24_00-36-18.png

So what do you think? Neat right? I think it will help to make the forum better organized and information easier to find. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, it is possible to mark an existing topic as a question from within the Topic Tools menu. If you notice any bugs or weird behavior while using the new feature or if you have any questions about it, please let us know.

Cheers!

• :thumbsup:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

Posts 2Views 1715