• Installing antergos on a secondary hard drive

In my laptop I have 3 hard drives, 2 500GB SSDs connected in RAID, and a 2TB HDD. I wanted to install Antergos on the second drive (2TB) but had some trouble doing so.

First of all, the automated installer just did not want to work. It kept failing at either creating the partitions or the file system. So, eventually I had to give up on that and make the partitions myself.

I created a number of partitions, a 250 MB partition for /boot/efi, a 250 MB partition for /boot (I wasn’t sure if I needed separate paritions for the two, perhaps that was the problem?), a 16GB partition for / and an 80GB partition for /home. I installed, everything seemed like it was going fine.

After completing the install, I had to restart my computer and I was extremely satisfied. I finally got antergos to work! But I was a bit confused, in the GRUB menu there was no option for booting to Windows. I figured: must be something that I have to choose earlier because it’s not on the same drive. So I tried restarting the computer and pressing F11 to go to the boot options. There were the options to boot from the network or to boot into Windows Boot Manager or Grub Bootloader. I tried multiple times, but no matter which option I picked, I would always boot into grub and there would only be the antergos option. I eventually ended up wiping both drives and reinstalling Windows. I wanted to try reinstalling antergos again before I restored all my Windows data and making sure it works, so that I don’t have to be worried about it dying on me again. And so that I can verify that it works before setting up all my Windows data, only to find out that I have to kill my machine again.

Tl;dr When I install on a secondary hard drive I can only boot into antergos. How do I make it so that I can boot into both Windows and Antergos.

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for the long question, I just wanted to fully explain what happened.

• @illikis login as root and run the following:
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

when you reboot you should see an option for windows and then arrow down and select

drive4 secondary4 install78 Posts 2Views 744