• \[SOLVED\] Downloading openbox edition

Hi All,

I am new here. I have been using Arch linux/variations for 3 years now. I have used Arch, then I switched to ArchBang, then to Manjaro - Openbox edition. I want to try Antergoes -Openbox edition in another partition. But when I try to download, it shows me only two iso - one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit. But it does not specify if it is Openbox desktop or any other desktop. I want to download Openbox edition. Have you guys packaged all desktops in one iso and during installation it will ask to choose desktop or somethng like that. Need a guidance to download correct iso.

Thank you

Charles.

• Hi All,

I am new here. I have been using Arch linux/variations for 3 years now. I have used Arch, then I switched to ArchBang, then to Manjaro - Openbox edition. I want to try Antergoes -Openbox edition in another partition. But when I try to download, it shows me only two iso - one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit. But it does not specify if it is Openbox desktop or any other desktop. I want to download Openbox edition. Have you guys packaged all desktops in one iso and during installation it will ask to choose desktop or somethng like that. Need a guidance to download correct iso.

Thank you

Charles.

• The iso comes with Gnome by default. Then in our installers (CLI and Graphical) you will be asked to choose which DE you want to install.

Our installations are over the internet

• Thank you for reply.

Following is a method I use to install any openbox box distro.

I have / , /home , /boot and swap partitoins.

I format all those during install but do not format /home. I already have Manjaro installed there. Since I am not formating /home, it will have all old openbox config files in /home/charles/.config. I will delete .config directory in my /home/charles folder and all . files in /home/charles folder… Will it copy new .config folder in my /home/charles folder or I will have to manually copy from live usb after installation? For Manjaro, I have to manually copy .config folder and few other . files from live usb.

Which login manager is used in Openbox edition. I have been using SLiM in all the previous Openbox distros I have used so far.

Thank you,
    Charles.

• The installation will set our configuration in the user set up during the installation, overwriting existing files.

Our openbox installation also comes with SLIM as Desktop Manager

Cheers

• Thank you!
    Charles.

Posts 6Views 1283