• Laptop will not suspend when the lid is closed, while an external display is connected(only Gnome gives me this issue).

I am told that this is “expected behavior”. I am sure this is a bug that is called “expected behavior” since Gnome is the ONLY desktop environment on any platform that thinks it’s a good idea for the computer to stay away when an external display is connected.

I wanted systemd to manage suspend activities so I went to ** /etc/systemd/longind.conf** and un-commended the necessary things:

[Login]
    #NAutoVTs=6
    #ReserveVT=6
    #KillUserProcesses=no
    #KillOnlyUsers=
    #KillExcludeUsers=root
    #InhibitDelayMaxSec=5
    #HandlePowerKey=poweroff
    HandleSuspendKey=suspend
    #HandleHibernateKey=hibernate
    HandleLidSwitch=suspend
    HandleLidSwitchDocked=suspend
    #PowerKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
    SuspendKeyIgnoreInhibited=yes
    #HibernateKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
    LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes
    #IdleAction=ignore
    #IdleActionSec=30min
    #RuntimeDirectorySize=10%
    #RemoveIPC=yes

This isn’t working however and I think the reason is because Gnome settings are overriding the sytemd settings.
    In Gnome 3.14 I could go to org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power with the configuration-editor app. but in Gnome 3.16 that path(org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power) is no longer valid. I cannot even find anything related to power in dconfig-editor.

Telling Gnome to suspend in the settings menu doesn’t work either.

Any advice on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• had the same problem both with an external display connected and without. switching from lightdm to gdm fixed the problem for me. ymmv

• @William-Osendott Hmmm, it didn’t work for me unforunately 😕 At with gdm it now logs out when I put the laptop to sleep with terminal commands or screen timeouts, etc.

• I’m not sure I understand. It completely logs you out, the same as if you restarted the laptop? When I put my laptop to sleep, and the wake it up, I just have to hit enter or click and drag upward, and then type my password (lock screen). It looks like the login-screen, but it’s not.

gnome304 suspend42 docked2 Posts 4Views 1826
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.