• [SOLVED] Touchpad doesn't wake up after suspension

Hi,
    I have an hp notebook with a synaptics touchpad. After first time I suspended my notebook, the touchpad continues to sleep.

Searching on internet I found this solution:

$ sudo modeprobe -r psmous
    $ sudo modeprobe psmous

But now each time I turn on my notebook, I have to enter in tty2, and to give this two commands… very annoying.

Thanks.

• Hi,

You can use systemd to run that command for you with the root-resume hook. See here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management#Suspend.2Fresume_service_files

• It’s a pity, there is not solution for the whole problem. Anyway now it’s working.
    thank you so much!

• I noticed this is working only when I suspend the notebook. Every time I turn on my pc the problem is present again.

• That doesn’t make sense. Something else must be going on. Could you post your logs here? Thanks.

• I’ve attached my logs

• Hi,

Check that you have these packages installed:

sudo pacman -S --needed kcm-touchpad-frameworks xf86-input-synaptics 

If that doesnt help the only other thing I can think of is to try disabling/re-enabling the touchpad via the special function key on your keyboard (if you have one for that purpose–my dell laptop does)

• Unfortunately I had the two packs and my HP doesn’t have a key for disable/enable the touchpad…
    Anyway thank you so much for your patience and help 😃

touchpad45 suspend45 hibernation8 synaptics4 suspension3 Posts 8Views 2826
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.