• Fresh install don't boot and how I fixed it

Hi

Just want to share my experience with antergos install. Hopefully it helps someone.

I dont dual boot and my GPT partion table is as follows:

p1 400 MB boot
    p2 50 GB root
    p3 swap
    p4 home

When I used p1 as /boot the bootloader install failed, but the install completed.

I booted into antergos live usb. chrooted after mounting everything including dev, proc and sys. Copied /boot into /root/boot. Exited chroot and unmounted /boot. I used cgdisk to recreate p1 to type ef02 and name it “BIOS boot”. I also set the boot flag on p1. Then I chrooted back to my installed environment. Copied /root/boot to /boot/. Then reinstall bootloader: “grub-install /dev/sda”. Also fixed the fstab and remove the /boot entry.

Now reboot, grub will fail again but you can edit the first entry. You should change the uuid for boot to point to p2. I just retype it two times :( You also need to append the line with kernel and ramdisk location to look for it in /boot/ and not /. Continue the boot and it should be fine.

Last step, pull the new config into grub. “sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg”. Reboot and everything should be good.

My home dir was not created on installation but I did create it and copied /ets/skel/ into it.

Regards

Nar

• Hi,

Thanks for sharing your findings. This should not happen with the latest Cnchi version. We want to do some more tests, though.

My home dir was not created on installation but I did create it and copied /ets/skel/ into it.

This is a known bug that has already been fixed. Thanks!

install78 gpt6 bootloader14 Posts 2Views 980