• LXQt vs pure OpenBox (pros vs cons)

@herbie pretty pretty; congrats

• @text
    Thank you. I tried long and hard to get a really smooth, polished look.

• That’s the problem. Customization is a long and hard process that most newbs won’t want to do right away. I for one like the simpler look of openbox. Tint2 and plank are simple enough that the gui can configure them pretty easily. I’ll post pic in a minute.

• I agree with you, but there are many themes out there that look LOTS better than the default.
    For example:
    Greybird
    Vertex (themes)
    I just wasn’t quite happy with them so I just customized.
    Granted, most users would probably never customize to the extent that I did.
    Still, the aforementioned themes are still nice and look lightyears better than the default.
    I just wonder why Xfce never adopted any one of them as the default and drop that butt-ugly default one.
    Would make for a much better appearance and perhaps even some really good reviews.
    Afterall, visuals are part of the experience and 1st impressions are really important.

• I liked lxqt but went to plasma 5, i like the route it is going. More polished out of the box and i think i had issues when connecting my tv on lxqt and a few other minor issues. This was months ago though and it’s still in early stages.

• @Lizzi noice!

• @tex thanks tex

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=26563.msg224852#msg224852

those are the files from my config directory that i posted on manjaro. It’s d/l links to the files stored on google drive if anyone wants them.

• thx, i’ll have a look for sure

• This post is deleted!
install84 openbox43 lxqt9 lightweight1 Posts 50Views 46583
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.