• [SOLVED] Fresh OS: No user directory

Hello,
    I installed antergos with kde, but I can`t login. I see the light DM… the password Is correct, but the screen becomes black and return on the lighDM.

I try to use tty2 but it says “j03: /home/j03: change directory failed: No such file or directory

Obviously I can’t use startx, it say: "error in locking authority file"
    I can’t copy the files from /etc/skel as the directoryIs empty.

Thanks

• I have resolved in this way, after ctrl + alt + f2:

# cd /home
    # mkdir UserName
    # chown -r UserName:users
    # xdg-user-dirs

Than I downloaded the kde-setup from github.

• @J03Bukowski Did you install home in a different partition than root?

• Hi.
    I’m following this topic because I’m haveing the same problem also with a fresh openbox install and I installed the /home in dev/sda6 and ‘/’ on dev/sda3. My system showed me the same error,. I will try another fresh install again tomorrow. I was happy because the grub & lightdm error was solved, but we are always learnin. I hope we can learn something else whit this new issue.
    Best regards!

• @karasu yes, I installed the “/” and the “/home” in two different partitions

• @eliko: I think @lots.0.logs has not given permission to our build server to rebuild the Cnchi package to the latest version (the one that includes the /home fix). We wanted to do more tests first. To check it, Cnchi should be at least 0.8.39 (anything older than that will have the bug).

Cheers!

• Thank you very much for your answer @karasu.
    Let me tell you that today I tried to install again with the new Cnchi 0.8.48, but now I had problems with Lightdm again. I share my Cnchi log and Lightdm log.

Cnchi log

Lightdm log

Maybe you understand what is happening now.

Cheers!!

• I see the problem. (a typo 😬 ) here comes 0.8.49…

• Thanks a lot @lots-0-logs!!
    I will install right now again!!
    I’ll share how it works.

Thumbs up!

• Hello @lots-0-logs and @karasu, again, thanks for your help and efforts building antergos. Last night I did a fresh install again with Cnchi 0.8.56 and I had the white screen instead of lightdm screen. My logs again [I upload the .tar file on an external service, I wasn’t able to upload it here]
    logs

Cheers!

• @eliko Are you installing in Virtualbox? There is a bug in Virtualbox right now that prevents the Lightdm greeter from functioning. The only work-around is to switch greeters.

• @lots.0.logs so far since the bootloader issue was fixed I’ve downloaded the following in Virtualbox with absolutely no issues:

Gnome
    Openbox
    Mate
    Cinnamon

I did experience issues with KDE

Haven’t tried XFCE yet

• @jaws222 Wow! Thanks for testing all those!

We had an issue in KDE with the kcalc package (it was renamed). It’s fixed now.

Again, thanks!

• @lots.0.logs No. I’m installing on my netbook.
    Thanks again.

Posts 14Views 3535
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.