• KDE Plasma 5.2

hello,
    i read about install Kde 5 Plasma on Antergos.
    the last post’s are 2 Months ago and i didn’t find something useful for me how to get to plasma 5.
    Is it recommend to do it like this:

http://www.linuxveda.com/2015/02/27/how-to-install-kdes-plasma-5-on-arch-linux/ ?

Anything to carry about? Please, Tipps.

• ok, sorry for posting without trying enough before. I got it.

So, what would be the default Antergos KDE Desktop Environment in time?

I tried and play around with KaOS, Kubuntu and Antergos, Antergos is my big Favorit.
    I would prefer to stay on KDE 4 cause of some small thing like on KDE 5 automatic-hide the Controll-bar is not running very well, it heels littlebit. Or the bigger use of Ram.
    Only on Antergos especially on KDE 5 my headphone-output don’t work anymore. All multimedia output works well til i want to use the headphone-output for connecting it to my amplifier. Maybe somebody is able to help for this.

Is it to expect that i have to use KDE 5 in time cause it will be the default target of Antergos without having choise to stay on KDE 4?

• Hi @atergo ,

For now, our default KDE desktop is KDE4. This will be true until Arch ditches all KDE4 packages, as we follow their repositories, we will have no choice but to adapt. There’re a lot of apps that still use Qt4 so the situation now is more or less a mess, and in my opinion Plasma5 is still buggy to be a production DE.

Only on Antergos especially on KDE 5 my headphone-output don’t work anymore. All multimedia output works well til i >want to use the headphone-output for connecting it to my amplifier. Maybe somebody is able to help for this.

Maybe I can help on this… install pavucontrol and change the output (select headphones instead of speakers) I think it’s in the third tab.

Is it to expect that i have to use KDE 5 in time cause it will be the default target of Antergos without having choise to stay on KDE 4?

@lots-0-logs will know better, as he is who maintains our KDE setup, but I think that the answer to your question is a yes.

Cheers!

• @karasu.

i didn’t know if pavucontrol would have fixed my problem, before trying i did it with

sudo pacman -S alsa-utils pulseaudio pulseaudio-alsa libcanberra-pulse libcanberra-gstreamer jack2-dbus kmix

from http://www.techrapid.co.uk/linux/arch-linux/install-kde-plasma-on-arch-linux/

There was left the icon in the controlbar too, now all is working.

thanks for help and Information

• only to complete:

pavucontrol make it. Nice app.
    But using the KDE App (without pavucontrol), Plasma5 needs Kmix instead of kdemultimedia-kmix. Thats all. It doesn’t come with pacman -S plasma automatically.
    I saved my Antergos-plasma5 config as a .img and turned back to KDE4 for now.

• Thanks for sharing your findings.

Cheers!

• Hello,
    I want to ask if you have iso kde plasma 5 from here: http://antergos.com/try-it/
    Sorry for my English.

• @see-saw KDE5 is not available during installation but it can be installed afterwards :smile:

• @lots.0.logs

I hate waiting on things

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Thanks! :smiley:

kde plasma 5.21 Posts 10Views 6625