I have a boot partition, / and /home
    / and /home are formatted with btrfs and using LUKs encryption

after entering all user information and clicking next, I’m greeted with
    "Antergos Installer - Error
    Couldn’t format LUKS device ‘/dev/mapper//h’ with label ‘/home’ as btrfs"

and seconds later

“Antergos Installer - Error
    Couldn’t format LUKS device ‘/dev/mapper//’ with label ‘/’ as btrfs”

is this setup too complicated for cnchi to handle? Or am I doing something wrong? or possibly a bug?

• hmmm…We’ll have to look into this. LUKS support in advanced is a new feature so its far from mature (codewise). Sorry about that!

• @Zerqz
    EDIT:
    Please, tell us which labels did you set to your partitions, and which volume names did you set to the encrypted ones.
    If you have a log, it would also be helpful.
    Thanks!

• @karasu i’ll get you a log tonight.
    The encrypted partitions were / and /home
    Labeled as / and /home lol
    And the encrypted labels were / and /h

could it be an issue with luks trying to make it //h or // ? That seems to be what the error kinda says.

• Hi,

Yes, I’m sure that’s the problem… who whould name it / ??? (just kidding).
    I’ll fix this asap. Anyway, do not forget to get the log if you have the time, it will be equally helpful.
    Thanks!

• @karasu said:

who whould name it / ???

Somwbody that wants to remember which partitions root? Hahahaha

I’ll try it without labels and see what happens soon as I get a sec here and report back with logs.

As long as the bootloader issue is fixed, then everything should be happy. :dancers:

• Not giving the LUKs encrypted drive any label worked and it’s installing now, thanks! :P

• Sorry to necro this, but I was just reinstalling and ran into the exact same issue. As long as you do not put a label on the volume it works fine, but if there is a ’ / ’ label, it breaks cnchi.

• @z , besides necro, this topic is also marked as “SOLVED” and I don t think it ll attract much attention. Why not open a new topic?
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch It is [solved] if you don’t use a label, only bringing it up as more of a bug report than a need for assistance.

• @z said :

only bringing it up as more of a bug report than a need for assistance

Well, in this view, I believe the devs are too busy to bother looking at a solved issue, dont you think so?
    Anyway, I myself would rather report a bug upstream or open a new topic pointing to this one here to make sure that the devs won t miss it.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

Posts 11Views 2198