• After a fresh install, lightdm fails to start

I just made a fresh new install with cinnamon desktop environment, and when it boot for the first time the system refuses to start…
    It’s a lidhtdm problem. The message on screen is:
    " Failed to start light Display manager "

Can you give me some help for this ? Thanks!

• Press ‘Ctrl+Alt+F1’ to enter tty1 during boot process, enter your username and password to login, then type ‘startx’. That should lead you to the desktop. After that, refer to this post:http://forum.antergos.com/topic/1885/how-to-include-system-logs-when-asking-for-help to post the log of lightdm here.

• I had the same problem but I managed to get it working.
    Last night I tried to run (after installing xorg-server-xephyr)
    lightdm --test-mode --debug
    and it failed but it prompted me an issue with the greeter, it resulted that there was no greeter installed. I installed lightdm-gtk-greeter and it worked.

• @davos I’ve got same issue. Tip: http://forum.antergos.com/topic/1905/it-s-official-an-official-release-that-is/18
    Also - check if your home directory exists ( /home/yourusername ). Mine did not : (

• @Alphanumerix Do you still have your cnchi log file in /var/log ? I want to have a look at it.

Thanks!

• @AlexMex90

Thanks, this worked out. I’ve check if the home directory was created, and also the cnchi log file, and everything was OK.

At login, i press Ctrl+Alt+F2 keys to enter in the alternate VT, and installed the lightdm-gtk-greeter file. It seems to be lost in the installation fase.

Thanks for everyone, for your help!!!

• @karasu said:

@Alphanumerix Do you still have your cnchi log file in /var/log ? I want to have a look at it.

Unfortunately, I do not have them : (

• In my case same problem in two fresh installations

Ctrl+Alt+F2 login in tty and re-install this packages: lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter lightdm-webkit-theme-antergos lightdm-webkit2-greeter

Reboot and solved 😉

Antergos (Gnome)

• @Yoyo said:

In my case same problem in two fresh installations

Ctrl+Alt+F2 login in tty and re-install this packages: lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter lightdm-webkit-theme-antergos lightdm-webkit2-greeter

Reboot and solved 😉

Ok, I try this next time…

lightdm125 Posts 10Views 5389
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.