• Dns leak mullvad VPN how to fix

Hello, I make a test on dnsleaktest.com and my dns is leak. I will be very grateful for your help.

• Hi,

Did you try manually configuring your connection’s DNS servers after connecting to the VPN as described here:

https://dnsleaktest.com/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak.html

• Its a command for windows :(

• Well yes, I realize that. But the solution is the same. You just have to use the GUI tools included with your desktop environment to configure your DNS after connecting to the VPN.

• I still have this problem, and need fix this. Would anyone help me via teamviewer?

Thank you.

• I really need fix that and trying from 2 weeks…I think to move back to ubuntu, antegros is more better than ubuntu, but I do not have the more strength to fight with dns leak as is very important for me, please help me so I can stary with antegros.

• bump…

• This post is deleted!
  • I had a similar problem to yourself. Every time I did a DNS check over at ipleak.net, it would display my DNS server.They way I got around it was firstly to use the DNS servers provided by my VPN service. If you don’t know what yours are, simply ask them. If you’re using a free VPN service, then do a web-search for ‘free DNS servers’ (plenty are available) and use one of those.

To change your existing DNS servers, firstly backup your resolv.conf file (found in /etc.) This is imperative should you have a mishap. Secondly, comment out the servers in resolv.conf before adding the DNS servers provided by your VPN provider. To do this:

gksudo gedit /etc/resolv.conf

Comment out the DNS servers in there and add the new ones, one per line. The altered file should look something like this:

# Generated by resolvconf
    search home
    #nameserver 193.122.4.115
    nameserver 193.3.633.131
    nameserver 74.44.222.12

(Examples is for reference only. Use your own DNS servers supplied by your VPN provider. The ones in the example won’t work.)

The issue I then had is that resolv.conf kept getting overwritten and reverting back to the default DNS server. There are many ways to resolve this problem, the method I chose was to simply write-protect resolv.conf by doing:

chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

This makes resolv.conf uneditable. If you ever want to edit it again you’ll have to either (a) reverse the process, or (b) restore your saved resolv.conf file. (Easiest solution by far.) After all this faffing about, simply reboot and try another check at ipleak.net.

vpn dnsleak1 Posts 9Views 3330