• \[Solved\] Firefox not appearing in Gnome Shell

I have just installed Firefox and, although it has installed successfully, I don’t see an icon for it in the Gnome shell.

It works fine if I launch it from a terminal and if I create an entry for it using Alacarte, but why has pacman not added it to the Gnome menus?

• I have just installed Firefox and, although it has installed successfully, I don’t see an icon for it in the Gnome shell.

It works fine if I launch it from a terminal and if I create an entry for it using Alacarte, but why has pacman not added it to the Gnome menus?

• Even restarting doesn’t show up in the app list?
    Pacman runs the command to update the icon cache, but you could try reinstalling it

• It turns out that I had an additional .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications.

Uninstalling, deleting this file and reinstalling has fixed the issue.

• Had the same issue with both Firefox and Thunderbird. i went into user/bin and launched from there. After I closed them they magically appeared in the menu where I quickly added them to the launcher.

"We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight." - Milton Berle

Posts 5Views 1068