• Downgrade kernel

I’ve noticed that my laptop hardware have some conflicts with latest kernel. Every time I start my system I get broken splash image. This problem appears in all distros which use latest kernel. So, I wounder if there is any guide how to downgrade current kernel or replace it with older one or any workaround how to get rid of this problem.

IMG_0366(1).JPG

Another problem which is also related to boot is that system prompts graphical boot which I have tried to remove but it doesn’t work at all, graphical boot is still there.

IMG_0383.JPG

• Hi,

You can install the LTS kernel: sudo pacman -S linux-lts and then regenerate your grub config file with: sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg. Regarding the Grub theme, I think I may have accidentally committed a background image I was testing. I will check it and correct it if necessary. You will need to reinstall the grub theme to fix it. I’ve been meaning to make the grub theme a proper package that can be installed for quite some time, this gives me the perfect reason not to put it off any longer. I will let you know when you can install the package 😄

Cheers!

boot221 kernel98 broken splash1 Posts 2Views 2024
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.