• Keyboard issue :Solved

So I installed antergos with openbox. But I dont got the swedish character as I supposed to have on my keyboard… If I go in to /etc/locale.gen
    I got everything whit the swedish things unhashed as it should and if I print
    localectl status I got System Locale: LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8
    VC Keymap: sv-latin1-nodeadkeys
    X11 Layout: sv-latin1-nodeadkeys
    . Dont know what to do next…

• Hi,

It works in the console? (not in a terminal inside Xorg but outside, in another console)… and which DE are you using?

• Nope … doesent work at all… not in lx terminal . not in chromium etc etc. I guess I have us keyboard because the charcters works whit the picture of us keyboard from google… DE? I guess you mean openbox here?

• Hi,

In lxterminal, writing setxkbmap se fixes the issue?

• Yes it did. Thank you!! But what did I actually do?

• Hi,

Hey, I think it’s not really solved. When you restart it will be back again to en-US, I’m afraid.

You have to setup your xorg to use SE keyboard layout… tell me if restarting makes en-US come back and we’ll try to setup it.

• yepp you where right… back to us

• Ok, that confirms that Xorg setup is wrong. You have to create a text file (or edit it if you already have one).

It should be /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-keyboard.conf (old versions of Cnchi named it 00-keyboard.conf, if that is your case rename it to 10-keyboard.conf)

That file should contain the definition of your keyboard layout. Something like:

Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "system-keyboard"
            MatchIsKeyboard "on"
            Option "XkbLayout" "se"
            Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    EndSection

Tell me if you have any problems editing that file.

• ok now I have edit the file and renamed it to 10-keyboard.conf from 00-keyboard.conf …I did test a reboot again and that did not do the trick

• Hi,

Let’s try another thing, you said you’re running openbox, don’t you? Well, you can do a dirty hack, edit your .xinitrc file (it’s in your home directory), and add this line before calling openbox:
    setxkbmap se &
    This will make your system run that line before running the openbox window manager.

• #!/bin/sh

if [ -d /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ]; then
    for f in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/*; do
    [ -x “$f” ] && . "$f"
    done
    unset f
    fi

export GTK2_RC_FILES="$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0"

exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session openbox-session

so between the line export gtk2 and exec dbus launch ?

• Ups, sorry, no, it’s not that file!

Its in the /home/user/.config/openbox (replace user for your username and note the starting dot in .config) directory, and the file is called autostart.

Something like /home/snoken/.config/openbox/autostart

That file starts all your programs (it’s run by openbox-session).

Just add the line at the end and do not forget the trailing &
    setxkbmap se &

Sorry for the confusion.

• Yepp that worked! did a restart and still got the right layout! thank you for the help and your patience 🙂

• @snoken Glad we solved it!
    Cheers!

• This post is deleted!
  • For me the same prob but i run gnome and setxkbmap se works in term but I want it to remain the setting after reboot/ ivar

• @iwar
    You have to setup your keyboard in gnome-settings. Search the forum, I’m sure you’re not the first with problems changing the keyboard layout in Gnome.

• Yes thats right i found it and have seen it before but did not understand how to use it
    I thougt i try another swedish layout and it worked and now i understand the tech .better!
    thankyou for youre time/ iW

• @iwar
    You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help.

Cheers!

• @karasu said:

Ups, sorry, no, it’s not that file!

Its in the /home/user/.config/openbox (replace user for your username and note the starting dot in .config) directory, and the file is called autostart.

Something like /home/snoken/.config/openbox/autostart

That file starts all your programs (it’s run by openbox-session).

Just add the line at the end and do not forget the trailing &
    setxkbmap se &

Sorry for the confusion.

Posts 24Views 7634
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.