• watching flash based videos

Hi all,

I have firefox, chromium and google-chrome installed. I’ve tried installing pepper flash and freshplayer plugin (i’ve also updated my graphics card drivers), but am still unable to play this flash based video…I am in australia.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/my-kitchen-rules/-/watch/26795509/wed-25-mar-season-6-episode-32/?play=1

• Does the flash player load at all? With Google Chrome it loads fine for me, though I can’t actually play the video you linked because I’m in the US (its geo blocked). Are there any error messages?

• Hi,

If it helps, with firefox loads the player (but of course it blocks me, I’m in Europe).

• im coming up with area restrictions error. dumb yahoo videos ive always had trouble with videos on their site.

• Yoshi - i’m in Cebu so cant get the video either as its blocked outside of Oz. Have you tried using Youtube-dl to see if you can get it that way? Its an excellent tool too.

• Uzi - thanks I haven’t tried that. I will but I was against it initially… I mean flash videos should just work? I’ll try the DL tool

• @lots.0.logs the player loads and shows the first frame, but when I click play nothing happens.

• Hmm…is the issue only present for that particular website? Can you play flash videos on other websites?

Posts 8Views 1623