• Just some site stuff to consider

I am just thinking out loud, here, but maybe some of this will improve things a bit further.

I was going to post a comment on Cnchi update post, over on the blog, but I’m still waiting for the e-mail confirmation message to arrive. Maybe that is something that might need a bit more testing, to ensure it is working as intended?

(And for what it is worth, I already had Cnchi listed at the top of the heap, but it certainly looks as if you are finding ways to make it even better. <two thumbs up>)

Something I have noticed on the forums is topics being submitted in inappropriate forums. For instance, this Forum Discussion forum really is not the place to post about issues with installing software, establishing network connections, or installing Antergos on older machines. Whilst I do not want to come across as a forum nazi, it seems these issues might get faster attention, had they been submitted to the proper forums. @lots-0-logs , I’ve no idea how NodeBB deals with thread moves, but maybe a bit of housecleaning might be in order? And no, I am not OCD, nor will I ever be, until they get those letters in alphabetical order! :grinning:

• @Mike said:

I was going to post a comment on Cnchi update post, over on the blog, but I’m still waiting for the e-mail confirmation message to arrive. Maybe that is something that might need a bit more testing, to ensure it is working as intended?

Checking on this is already on my TODO list. I though it was odd that no one commented on the blog post so there must be a problem somewhere.

Something I have noticed on the forums is topics being submitted in inappropriate forums.

Up until now, we have been able to keep the forum organized ourselves. Though now it has gotten to the point where we simply can’t keep up with it and everything else we have on our plates. We definitely need to appoint a few moderators to keep the forum on the up and up. Let me know if you are volunteering, though I might just have to draft you if you aren’t volunteering :grinning:

• I personally love the Antergos nodebb forum, but I do not like the big categories on the start page. This is the same thing I hate about windows metro. Its hard to view quickly and I think a list view will be more natural for most users.

Maybe something like https://community.nodebb.org . It’s clean and easy to look at.

• @lots.0.logs said:

Let me know if you are volunteering, though I might just have to draft you if you aren’t volunteering

<tiptoes, very quietly, from the room>

@pyUser , I have to admit I am not a very big fan of NodeBB. But I think I have a better understanding of what the powers that be are trying to do with it. I am like you, and prefer a more standard forum index layout. I am starting to get used to the layout being used here, but it still has some issues. I know lots.0.logs thinks I am unnecessarily beating up on him, but he really has been working pretty hard to tune things up. I think he has likely overwhelmed himself, because in addition to launching a new forum platform, he has been working on the main site, along with trying to provide technical support in here. And none of that mentions the ongoing development on the actual operating system, itself.

@lots-0-logs , here is one aspect of the new layout that is likely confusing more people than just myself. If you look, you will see there is a forum category, titled Technical Issues and Assistance. That category contains six forums, at least one of which contains sub-forums. But somewhere along the line, the actual category has also been set up as a forum, even though you cannot directly visit the category. Try this - click on the Installation forum, and then look at the breadcrumb in the Navigation Bar. It shows Home / Technical Issues and Assistance / Installation. But notice that Technical Issues and Assistance is now showing as a link in the breadcrumb. Click on that category link, and you will see six threads that have been posted in that category. They do not appear in any of the forums, so the only way to read those threads is to ‘back into’ the category, as I have described. I ran into this whilst participating in the thread Schmitz had posted, whining about the kernel upgrade. I knew I had posted to the thread, but I could not find it, again. C-o-n-f-u-s-i-n-g.

Posts 4Views 1259