• selectively updating arch antergos linux using terminal and or gui package managers

Updating pacakages is like windows update for those new to linux, and can be done using pacman.

TERMINAL CLI WAY
    pacman tutorial here, so far as I know there is no way of choosing individual updates/patches to apply you have to apply everything and then uninstall stuff that breaks or you don’t want?

tutorial on using pacman to install / remove packages and update db and system is here: https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Pacman_Overview

GUI METHOD TO UPDATE SYSTEM
    you can use package manager like pamac or octopi or other to install and remove files.

I had no trouble install updates using the “Update manager in antergos” --> what program is this?

However I couldn’t see a way of selecting which of the 23 updates to my system I wanted to apply – it was all or nothing,

Is there a way to selectively choose which updates you want to apply to your system (like windows update allowed)? say I only wanted 5 or 10 of the 23 to apply?

• No, I’m afraid not. Arch does not support partial upgrades nor does Antergos.

Cheers!

pacman76 package manager10 system58 update45 yaourt20 Posts 2Views 3065