• Problemas con el Grub / Problems with Grub

Buenas dias tengo grandes problemas (Para mi xD) mientras instalo este sistema operativo, que em verdad me gustaria mucho usarlo por su versatilidad, pero tengo el siguiente problema de instalacion… actualmente ando con un dualboot con window (por los Juegos) y con Antergos por productividad, hago las respectivas particiones instalo win, luego instalo Antergos, despues de su instalacion todo parece bien, pero cuando reinicia la computadora y sale la carga del Grub me dice Grub Loading luego la pantalla se apaga y vuelve a decir Grub Loading y se repite… quiero reparar el grub para no perder datos y por fin trabajar con el sistema… por favor si alguien me ayuda con este problema en verdad se lo agradeceria encarecidamente. y bueno de antemanos gracias.
    postdata: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10699196/ esto me lo dio boot-repair

Good morning I have big problems (for me xD) while installing this operating system, much like truth em use me for his versatility, but I have the following problem in installation … actually I’m a dualboot with window (for the Olympics) and with Antergos for productivity, I make the respective partitions I install win, then install Antergos, after its installation everything seems fine, but when you restart the computer goes load Grub tells me Grub Loading then the screen turns off and then say Grub Loading and repeated … I want to repair the grub to keep data and finally work with the system … please someone help me with this problem really appreciate it highly. and antemanos good graces.
    postscript: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10699196/ this gave me the boot-repair

sorry for the translations might not this exactly right

• Hi,

I could not find any obvious problems in the output of Boot Repair. It appears as though grub was installed successfully. Your grub.cfg contains the correct drive mapping and UUID numbers. Does your system utilize UEFI Boot or BIOS Boot?

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Good Morning thanks for replying and sorry for the delay.
    Really not very good, is that the BIOS of the computer checking, I got there a support for UEFI but is disabled, probe by switching on but nothing happened.

Buenos Dias gracias por responder y disculpa la tardanza.
    En verdad no se muy bien, Se que en la BIOS de la computadora revisando, consegui que hay un soporte para UEFI pero que esta deshabilitado, probe encendiendolo pero no paso absolutamente nada.

• UEFI should be enabled.
    Secure Boot should be disabled.

• Buenas noches, Gracias por la respuesta hare la prueba, aunque hay algo que no entiendo bien cuando hago la instalacion con el uefi activado me pide algo extra, pero no se muy bien que hacer.

Good evening, Thanks for the reply’ll do the test, but there’s something I do not quite understand, when I do the installation with UEFI enabled it asks me something extra and I do not know what to do.

• It sounds like your grub.cfg may not have been generated correctly. Did you mount your EFI partition as /boot during installation? You can try to generate a new grub config using the LiveCD/USB environment. First, you must mount your Antergos Root and then mount your EFI partition. Here are the steps:

#!/bin/bash
    su
    #Replace X with the correct number for your Antergos Root.
    mount /dev/sdaX /mnt
    # Replace X with the correct number for your EFI partition.
    mount /dev/sdaX /mnt/boot
    # Install arch-install-scripts
    pacman -S arch-install-scripts
    # Chroot into your Antergos Installation
    arch-chroot /mnt
    # Generate grub.cfg
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    exit
    umount /mnt/boot
    umount /mnt

Let me know how it goes!

• Good Morning or Afternoon, a question and I think you can help me, I did what you told me at the post on the forum and more or less can resolve but now I have two problems, the first windows does not want me start well and not as fix without damaging the grub, the second is that I can not go directly to Antergos by the grub because it tells me that he has the partition for hibernation and if available.
    I did not UEFI installation, I did normal, if change some things in the bios until grab the grub, but I had no need to activate the UEFI, only now gives me the problems that I said

• IMG_20150403_150111.jpg
    This is the problem that I get to open the Antergos the main option. and I will upload as were the bios options

• Yes, that means you need to regenerate your grub.cfg :smile:

• Hi,

I’m a bit stumped here. I’m talking with Francisco and we regenerated the grub.cfg file. It still says that can’t find his root partition but when he runs blkid it shows the same UUID that’s in his configuration file.
    grub-mkconfig throws no errors at all.
    Any hints?

• This post is deleted!
install77 Posts 11Views 2815