• [SOLVED] Cifs mount network drive via fstab - /run/media gets deleted after reboot

Usually I have a cifs entry in my /etc/fstab pointing to a network drive which I mount occasionally by hand (noauto)

/etc/fstab

/192.168.1.100/home /media/<username>/mydrive cifs credentials=/home/<username>/.smbcredentials,noauto,user,rw,suid 0 0

Obviously antergos/arch moved the media folder to /run/media/$user. So I edited my fstab to point to the new location. Without any usb drive or something attached the /run/media folder doesn’t exist. If I create it by myself the cifs mount works as expected. Until I reboot my system because the /run/media/$user folder get’s deleted.

For sure I can switch the mount point to some other place in my /home dir. But then there is no shortcut visible in nautilus to mount the drive with one click. Nautilus shows all fstab entries pointing to /run/media by default as shortcuts.

Any ideas how I can mount my drive with just one click out of nautilus as I used to do in ubuntu (without using the terminal or manual authentication)?

• Hi,

If you mount the drive to some other location you can simply bookmark that directory so that it appears in the sidebar. For example, I have my NAS mounted at /data with an entry in fstab. I added /data as a bookmark so it appears with the default bookmarks in the sidebar (Home, Documents, Pictures, etc)

Cheers!

• That’s a nice solution. Works as simple as that and I don’t have to keep struggling with the /media folder :)

Thank’s alot!

• You’re welcome!

fstab3 nautilus18 gnome219 cifs4 Posts 4Views 1366