• Black screen after reboot

Hello.

I try to use Antergos : it’s fast.
    Installation: no problem ( on a dedicated partion, because I keep my Linux mint partition).

When I reboot or start my desktop, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. The X server does not start.
    If I edit the grub screen (adding nomodeset), I get a grub error when starting with F10, but then everything works fine.
    I change the resolution (1920x1080) and I can work until next reboot.

My graphic card is an Nvidia GTX 570. The driver installed by Antergos is “nouveau”

I know I shall use Antergos when this graphical problem will be solved.
    Do not know in which file I should write the nomodeset option.

I start reading the linux arch wiki pages…

• Hello.

I try to use Antergos : it’s fast.
    Installation: no problem ( on a dedicated partion, because I keep my Linux mint partition).

When I reboot or start my desktop, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. The X server does not start.
    If I edit the grub screen (adding nomodeset), I get a grub error when starting with F10, but then everything works fine.
    I change the resolution (1920x1080) and I can work until next reboot.

My graphic card is an Nvidia GTX 570. The driver installed by Antergos is “nouveau”

I know I shall use Antergos when this graphical problem will be solved.
    Do not know in which file I should write the nomodeset option.

I start reading the linux arch wiki pages…

• You could also try installing nvidia propietary drivers to test if it is a nouveau problem with your card.

If you want to put nomodeset somewhere, you need to include it in /etc/default/grub and then run the grub-mkconfig

• Thanks.
    I installed the Nvidia drivers. Now, Antergos is running.
    Few adjustments to be done.
    I shall probably use it definetly, replacing linux mint.

• My graphics driver is Intel 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
    Could you please guide me how to get into Antergos in the first place and then install the above driver ?

Or is there an alternate boot option (like login through opensuse and install the driver within Antergos)

I am a newbie and need some spoon feeding. Thanks in advance

• This post is deleted!
  • @srinivas-challa

This thread was about NVIDIA. Please, open a new thread with your question about INTEL.

Also, know that it’s not polite to add a new question (even if it’s related) to an old thread (and this one was really old!).
    Thanks!

• @srinivas-challa You need another os installed or just grab an archlinux or antergos iso. Boot into it and mount everything needed. arch-chroot will copy your network and mounts api filesystems, you can install it once you boot if its not already on the system. It’s included in arch-install-scripts. Then once in your system you can install correct driver.

gmail: [email protected]
    irc: [email protected]

Posts 8Views 2629