• Black screen after reboot

Hello.

I try to use Antergos : it’s fast.
    Installation: no problem ( on a dedicated partion, because I keep my Linux mint partition).

When I reboot or start my desktop, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. The X server does not start.
    If I edit the grub screen (adding nomodeset), I get a grub error when starting with F10, but then everything works fine.
    I change the resolution (1920x1080) and I can work until next reboot.

My graphic card is an Nvidia GTX 570. The driver installed by Antergos is “nouveau”

I know I shall use Antergos when this graphical problem will be solved.
    Do not know in which file I should write the nomodeset option.

I start reading the linux arch wiki pages…

• Hello.

I try to use Antergos : it’s fast.
    Installation: no problem ( on a dedicated partion, because I keep my Linux mint partition).

When I reboot or start my desktop, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. The X server does not start.
    If I edit the grub screen (adding nomodeset), I get a grub error when starting with F10, but then everything works fine.
    I change the resolution (1920x1080) and I can work until next reboot.

My graphic card is an Nvidia GTX 570. The driver installed by Antergos is “nouveau”

I know I shall use Antergos when this graphical problem will be solved.
    Do not know in which file I should write the nomodeset option.

I start reading the linux arch wiki pages…

• You could also try installing nvidia propietary drivers to test if it is a nouveau problem with your card.

If you want to put nomodeset somewhere, you need to include it in /etc/default/grub and then run the grub-mkconfig

• Thanks.
    I installed the Nvidia drivers. Now, Antergos is running.
    Few adjustments to be done.
    I shall probably use it definetly, replacing linux mint.

• My graphics driver is Intel 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
    Could you please guide me how to get into Antergos in the first place and then install the above driver ?

Or is there an alternate boot option (like login through opensuse and install the driver within Antergos)

I am a newbie and need some spoon feeding. Thanks in advance

• This post is deleted!
  • @srinivas-challa

This thread was about NVIDIA. Please, open a new thread with your question about INTEL.

Also, know that it’s not polite to add a new question (even if it’s related) to an old thread (and this one was really old!).
    Thanks!

• @srinivas-challa You need another os installed or just grab an archlinux or antergos iso. Boot into it and mount everything needed. arch-chroot will copy your network and mounts api filesystems, you can install it once you boot if its not already on the system. It’s included in arch-install-scripts. Then once in your system you can install correct driver.

Posts 8Views 3450
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.