• Not a valid boot medium?

This post is deleted!
  • Hmmm…That’s strange. If you could, please mount the installed Antergos Root and grab the installer log as well as the grub.cfg.

/var/log/cnchi-INSTALL_DATE.log
    /boot/grub/grub.cfg

• This post is deleted!
  • Hi,

Did you choose automatic or advanced installation?
    If automatic, which options?
    If advanced, which partitions?

• This post is deleted!
  • Hi,

Do you recall which version of Cnchi did you use? In other words, did you give it time to update itself?

It’s the first time we get a report like this, so something odd must be happening to you…

• This post is deleted!
  • It sounds as though the post install tasks are not being completed. That is where cnchi installs grub and copies the logs from /tmp into the new installed system. we would need to see the logs to figure this out. If you make another attempt, grab the logs from /tmp before rebooting. If you don’t have time or don’t want to risk your other good installs, we certainly understand.

Cheers!

• This post is deleted!
  • No worries. Just let us know when you do! 😄

• This post is deleted!
  • Does your system support UEFI Boot or is it BIOS Boot only?

• This post is deleted!
  • Hmm…that’s strange. The log indicates that its missing a kernel module that should be automatically enabled when booting UEFI mode. Before performing the install, open a terminal and run this command:

sudo modprobe -a efivarfs

That should fix the error I found in the logs and hopefully the issue as well.

• This post is deleted!
  • “”“Tried to install again so I could do this. Unfortunately, I can’t access the terminal. This also occurred the last time. The terminal reports:
    “There was an error creating the child process for this terminal
    grantpt failed: Operation not permitted””"

This is an issue that we fixed in 0.8 Cnchi (it will be released very soon), and as you guessed it has nothing to do with your issue.

I’ll check your log asap.

• Hi,

There’s this error in your log:
    grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdc1. Check your device.map.

Why is your /boot fat32?

• This post is deleted!
Posts 18Views 4703
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.