• \[SOLVED\] Can't boot after update

Hello. I made a mistake after updating yesterday (with yaourt -Syu). grub2 was updated and a /boot/grub/grub.cfg.pacnew file was created. So, without thinking, I did what I’ve done for other packages for which I haven’t customized any configuration: I replaced the old grub.cfg with the pacnew file. Now when I boot grub apparently doesn’t know anything about my computer or where to look for a boot partition. Problem is, I don’t know anything about grub. So, I don’t know how to tell it. I see how you can edit the commands for each boot menu option (Antergos and Antergos with fallback kernel) and you can get to a grub> command line. But I haven’t been able to figure anything out from there.

• Hello. I made a mistake after updating yesterday (with yaourt -Syu). grub2 was updated and a /boot/grub/grub.cfg.pacnew file was created. So, without thinking, I did what I’ve done for other packages for which I haven’t customized any configuration: I replaced the old grub.cfg with the pacnew file. Now when I boot grub apparently doesn’t know anything about my computer or where to look for a boot partition. Problem is, I don’t know anything about grub. So, I don’t know how to tell it. I see how you can edit the commands for each boot menu option (Antergos and Antergos with fallback kernel) and you can get to a grub> command line. But I haven’t been able to figure anything out from there.

• So, I’ve figured out (after reading some instructions on the arch wiki) that vmlinux-linux and initramfs-linux.img are on my hd0,1 and all the folders that I normally see in my root directory are on hd0,3. So, I did the following commands:

set root=(hd0,1)  
    linux /vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/sda3  
    initrd /initramfs-linux.img  
    boot

And it booted!

I then did

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

And it rebooted fine.

Posts 3Views 1618
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.