• Is it safe to install all updates that are notified?

I am a confident linux user, but am new to Arch Linux and obviously Antergos. I read on the Arch Linux website that it was up to the user to decide on what to update, but I do not want the hassle with this, so is it safe for me to update all packages as identified by pacman -Syu?
    I love Antergos as it is quick and relatively simple to operate and I love the rolling release strategy, so many thanks for a great distribution!

• Hi,

To tell you the truth, the only package that can give you a lot of headaches is the kernel one. It’s not its fault, it’s because a lot of packages depend on it. However, I always update it, but then from time to time I have problems with some driver (mainly the graphics one) that are solved pretty quick by upstream.

Cheers!

P.S. I do a pacman -Syu daily, this way not many packages are updated at once so I can easely detect which one is at fault when things go wrong.

• That makes sense, many thanks for your quick reply.

Posts 3Views 1163
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.