• Enable window transparency in muffin?

I am trying to enable true window transparency (specifically for the terminal emulator, which is xfce4-terminal 0.6.2) in Cinnamon/Muffin. When i enable transparency within the xfce4-terminal preferences, it only implements fake transparency (it just shows the desktop, not actual other windows that are underneath the terminal).

My understanding is that Cinnamon does use a compositor, which i thought would make this possible. I even installed the Compton package and tried to run it, but I get the message that “Another composite manager is already running”. I’ve looked in the Menu->System Tools->System Settings->Windows but there aren’t any options in there about enabling compositing. Am i looking in the wrong place? or is this not possible? If it is not possible with Muffin, how can i enable Compton to run along with or instead of Muffin?

• I am trying to enable true window transparency (specifically for the terminal emulator, which is xfce4-terminal 0.6.2) in Cinnamon/Muffin. When i enable transparency within the xfce4-terminal preferences, it only implements fake transparency (it just shows the desktop, not actual other windows that are underneath the terminal).

My understanding is that Cinnamon does use a compositor, which i thought would make this possible. I even installed the Compton package and tried to run it, but I get the message that “Another composite manager is already running”. I’ve looked in the Menu->System Tools->System Settings->Windows but there aren’t any options in there about enabling compositing. Am i looking in the wrong place? or is this not possible? If it is not possible with Muffin, how can i enable Compton to run along with or instead of Muffin?

• Unfortunately cinnamon will not function properly with compiz. I am sure mutter will get better transparency options sooner rather than later. For now we’ll just have to live with the illusion of transparency

Posts 3Views 1323
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.