• New to this distro

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to Antergos. I have tried Crunchbang, Manjaro, Puppy Linux and a host of other distros. I installed the Openbox version using the minimal install CD. Beautiful installer.

Everything went fine! I have my Samba and fstab setup. No problems.
    I was kinda shocked to see that when I install apps, they are automagically added to the Openbox menu. Well done. At the moment I am working my way through this installation to see if I come up with any problems/questions.

This forum looks pretty cool as well. Kudos to the developers and all the people who worked on the forum and the site. As a first time user of this distro, it’s pretty impressive!!

Take care

Randy

• Welcome to Antergos, and the Antergos forum. I hope you get as much enjoyment from both the operating system and the community as I have.

• Welcome to our little community :smile: Please let us know if you run into any problems.

Cheers!

• I couldnt agree more. What a great package. Although I dont particularly like the timing limits placed upon new forum users

• @Despiser-Despised I am not familiar with what those limits might be, but I am betting they are being used to help eliminate spam. Which is something that is being done quite well on this site, I must say. I use several measures to stop spammers from getting into my forums, but I also limit what new members can do, after registering. Once they have been a member for a few days, and have made a few posts, their permission settings are then opened up. You would be amazed to see how many spam registration attempts a forum site will see in a 24 hour period.

• Just installed Antergos (xfce) on one of my old laptops. Installation went great. Very nice distro!!

Take care

Randy

new-user3 Posts 6Views 1435