• Forum sidebars...

Just a question about adjusting the forum layout. When I scroll through a post, the “Participants” sidebar and the Wordpress advertisement side bar expand to cover the posts making them hard to read. Can you adjust this to make reading posts easier? See:
    upload-b7d93591-42a3-4e40-bd99-6b9a9515ce3f

• Hi,

What size is your display? I’ve been tweaking the forum design in my free time. I’m not finished yet :wink:

Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs I have the same issue, it does not expand until i scroll down. My resolution is 1366 x 768.

gmail: [email protected]
    irc: [email protected]

• I see it on my 1920 X 1080 display, as well.

• Hi - my is 1920x1080 as well.

• By the way - I do like the new forum design. Modern and easy to navigate. I appreciate the work that went into this.

• @Mike said:

I see it on my 1920 X 1080 display, as well.

Check your browser zoom :mag:. It must be higher than 100% because I have a 1920x1080 display and the issue being described here does not occur. Let me know if it was a zoom-related issue (those of you with 1920x1080 displays). I have confirmed the issue on smaller displays…I should have time to correct it soon.

Cheers!

• Hi - with zoom at 100% is see the overlap. If I reduce zoom to 75% there is no overlap, but the text is too small to read…

• @watgrad That’s strange. Could you take a screenshot and post it here? Thanks.

• @lots.0.logs said:

Check your browser zoom :mag:. It must be higher than 100% because I have a 1920x1080 display and the issue being described here does not occur.>

'S not the case on this end of the pipe.

zoom.jpg

• @lots.0.logs I can zoom back down to 80% and the sidebar stops acting up. But these 60 year-old eyes don’t work so well with the text being so small. And, as soon as I zoom back up to 100%, the sidebar modules are spilling over again.

(Have I ever told you how much I enjoy XenForo? <chuckle>)

• @Mike said:

@lots.0.logs I can zoom back down to 80% and the sidebar stops acting up. But these 60 year-old eyes don’t work so well with the text being so small. And, as soon as I zoom back up to 100%, the sidebar modules are spilling over again.

(Have I ever told you how much I enjoy XenForo? <chuckle>)

:unamused: lol …this is not a nodebb problem. it’s using a custom theme that I made so its on me. So I assume this is happening only with Firefox then? I’ll fix it asap. Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs said:

:unamused: lol …this is not a nodebb problem. it’s using a custom theme that I made so its on me. So I assume this is happening only with Firefox then? I’ll fix it asap. Cheers!

I do hope you know I am laughing with you, and not at you. I feel your pain.

Actually the only browser I have that displays things properly is Epiphany 3.14.2.

These all show the same error as in my earlier screenshot -

Chromium 41.0.2272.89
    Google Chrome of the same version, naturally
    Midori 0.5.9
    Opera 28.0.1750.98
    Firefox 36.0.1
    Mozilla Nightly 39.0a1 (so newer versions are not working, either)
    Pale Moon 25.3.0 (which also means older versions weren’t working, I suppose)
    Vivaldi 1.0.118.19

HTH!

• @Mike I guess you guys are using your browser with a non-maximized window. Am I right? :smirk: hehe…I found the issue, i’ll have it fixed here shortly. Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs , you nailed it! It is working a treat.

Now, shall I tell you about the social icons from the footer getting into the sidebar modules? <whistles innocently>

footer001.jpg

I can continue scrolling and get them into the Participants module, as well. I can test it in all the browsers, if you like, but I do see it happening in Firefox and Vivaldi, which I just happen to have running ATM. Let me know if you want some more testing input from this end.

• @watgrad said:

Hi - with zoom at 100% is see the overlap. If I reduce zoom to 75% there is no overlap, but the text is too small to read…

Same with me, i’m using chrome, google-chrome 41.0.2272.89-1.

• works fine to me now. Thank you.

Firefox, maximized window, 100% view

• My window was maximized and i had the issue still. Anyway it is now fixed, thank you!

Posts 18Views 6064