• How to install Antergos on existing partitioned (LVM on LUKS)

Hi guys, I need some help with the following: To install Antergos on existing partitioned (LVM on LUKS).

Well, my situation is as follows: currently I have a computer with X GNU/Linux distribution to which I want to replace it with Antergos, its configuration is the following:

• Partition Table: MBR.
    • Bootloader: LILO.
    • Multiboot: No.
    • UEFI: No.
    • Disk Partitions: 1 primary (/boot -> ext2), 1 extended (LVM on LUKS).
    • Volume group: 1 (crypt).
    • Logical volumes: 4 volumes. root (/root → ext4), swap, home (/home → ext4) and backup (/media/backup → ext4).

I want to perform the installation keeping the current disk partitioning. Therefore, I booted the computer through the liveCD. The first thing I did was to access the volumes as follows:

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdx2 crypt
    vgscan --mknodes
    vgchange -ay

Then I start the graphical installer and in the section Disk Partitioning I have selected the advanced option. Here I indicated relevant options for each logical volume and I continue the installation process. I think everything is going well until this point, right? The remaining part is completely unknown to me, I fully understand that I must make some modifications on mkinitcpio, the boot loader (I must also activate the options related to hibernation of the computer) and stuff like that… I have found the following: dm-crypt/Encrypting an entire system but I do not know if is sufficient or I need something more. So, I would be very grateful if someone could advise me about it.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Hi,

I don’t think the installer supports the use of LUKS. @karasu would know how you should proceed for this better than I would, let’s see what he has to say. 😄

• Hi,
    Cnchi does not support LUKS in advanced installation (but it will soon).

@icaroperseo :
    You have to add the ‘encrypt’ and ‘lvm’ hooks and the ‘dm_mod’ and ‘dm_crypt’ modules to your mkinitcpio.conf. Also, depending on the encryption type you use, you’ll need to add another module. Cnchi uses aes (the module is called aes_x86_64 or aes_i586, depending if you’re using 32 or 64bit). It’s for you to decide when you create the luks volume.

Also, remember to update your GRUB setup (/etc/default/grub) if you use luks in your root partition! Add something like:

cryptdevice=/dev/disk/by-uuid/YOUR_ROOT_UUID

to the kernel parameters.

Check the Arch wiki for more details and come back here if you have any issues.

Cheers!

EDIT: Geez, I forgot about the “sha256” and/or “sha512” modules! You’ll need to add these too, depending on your LUKS encryption.

luks16 lvm7 Posts 3Views 2393
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.