• Gnome Extension - Can't Install?

I am running a clean install of the latest Antergos. I am not new to Linux, but I am new to Arch/Antergos and its variants.

I chose Gnome as my desktop environment. I would like to install some Gnome Shell extensions from the website, but the browser (Google Chome) cannot seem to detect Gnome. From what I have read so far, apparently Firefox would have the same problem, so I didn’t bother installing it.

So, my hopefully simple question is how do I install additional shell extensions?

Thanks,
    -myk

• I found that if I install Epiphany, I can install extensions from there.

Is there a way to do this from Chrome?

• Chromium or Google Chrome browsers give the error message ‘We cannot detect a running copy of GNOME on this system, so some parts of the interface may be disabled’ on the Gnome extensions web page. Firefox or Epiphany browsers should work OK for installing and updating extensions. These browsers will show fewer available extensions as they only show extensions that are compatible with your particular version of Gnome Shell.

• @Myk-Robinson There is not a way to do it through Chrome. It works fine through Firefox. You can also install the extensions directly from the Arch repos or the AUR.

• i installed chrome gnome extension and then

yaourt chrome-gnome-shell-git

and it worked.

• as suggested before installing from AUR works good :+1:

gnome shell7 extension7 Posts 6Views 4065