• {Solved} Noob Questions

Hey all,

Happily I now have antergos gnome successfully installed and running. :-)

As you might expect I have a few newbie questions and, unfortunately, wasn’t able to find much help via the wiki. So…

1. Before install, while using the live disk, the dock was persistent, staying on the left hand side of the desktop. After install it is only available by clicking activities. I assume there’s a simple setting for this but I haven’t been able to find it.

2. In using ubuntu based distros, which I am familar with, one always runs updates after a fresh install. I can’t seem to find an option to do that in the user interface and the commands I have found online to use via terminal haven’t worked. Probably something simple but if there’s a “noob corner” with a lot of the info please point me there and I’ll be happy as if in a bookstore. :-)

3. Flash in chromium needs to be updated I assume as I cannot access flash based games via facebook. The answer for this may ties in with question 2 but would appreciate if y’all can get me pointed in the right direction.

• Sounds like you need to enable ‘Dash To Dock’ in Tweak Tools.

• I have flash taken care of in both firefox and chromium.

Found the update tool as well.

I found the tweak tool you mentioned and dash to dock is greyed out so that you can’t change it to on. I can however access the settings and there is an exclamation point by the settings button. I’ll keep playing with it and see what I can come up with.

Thanks. :-)

• Just posted in another thread. That extension and the lightDM lock screen are out of date. The creator most likely needs to update them now.

etc1 flash11 dock8 updates30 Posts 4Views 1299