• dash-to-dock does not support shell version


    After updating gnome-shell-extension-dock-to-dash in the Antergos repo, Tweak Tool says the “extension does not support support shell version”. Removing this package and reinstalling it from the gnome extensions page seems to work.

  • Thanks for letting us know. The package is being rebuilt as I type this :smile:

  • Just a heads up, the package that was put up a few hours ago still has the issue.

  • LightDM Lock Screen also says same thing. Fresh install less then an hour old.

  • Aahhhaaaaa!!! Whipped out FF and took a look at it with the extensions site. Both of the extensions are outdated according to the gnome site.

  • dash-to-dock seems to be fixed now :smile:. I’m not sure about lockscreen-lightdm (it never stopped working for me).

  • This post is deleted!
  • This is happening to me today as well, it was working fine yesterday.

  • @lots.0.logs said:

    Thanks for letting us know. The package is being rebuilt as I type this :smile:

    Hi @lot.0.logs
    Besides me I LightDM remove the Gnome-Shell-Extension-Weather and Freon, two tools that interest me a lot.
    In the login with GDM, the wireless icon is the Arch, and on the desktop is to antergos.:anguished:

  • Freon now works !!!

  • Weather Weather missing or Open …

  • Gradually everything will be solved everything, that is fundamental and developers thanks !!!:satisfied:

  • Instead of the “Dash to Dock,” you can alternatively (and temporarily) use “Simple Dock” since the first one is still outdated. This one is up-to-date and can be found here…
    https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/815/simple-dock/
    They both are similar in appearance and functionality, only it has fewer options for customization.

    1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

  • The latest version of Dash to dock, which works with Gnome 3.18, can be downloaded from:

    https://micheleg.github.io/dash-to-dock/releases.html

    Download version 49. This is a zip file, noting where it is e.g. in Downloads folder. Open Gnome Tweak Tool, click on Extensions tab on left, scroll down to bottom to Install Shell Extension, click on box at far right to select the zip file location. Alt+F2, type r to restart Gnome Shell.

  • @anarch said:

    Instead of the “Dash to Dock,” you can alternatively (and temporarily) use “Simple Dock” since the first one is still outdated. This one is up-to-date and can be found here…
    https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/815/simple-dock/
    They both are similar in appearance and functionality, only it has fewer options for customization.

    Thanks for voting positively anarch; But my dash-to-dock works for me perfectly, I have no problems!

  • @Xler8 said:

    The latest version of Dash to dock, which works with Gnome 3.18, can be downloaded from:

    https://micheleg.github.io/dash-to-dock/releases.html

    Download version 49. This is a zip file, noting where it is e.g. in Downloads folder. Open Gnome Tweak Tool, click on Extensions tab on left, scroll down to bottom to Install Shell Extension, click on box at far right to select the zip file location. Alt+F2, type r to restart Gnome Shell.

    Hi, to know if it works or not what you say, download the zip and it does not work, I did it to try it as I have no problems with the dash-to-dock …

Posts 17Views 5781
Log in to reply