• Power Issues

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I myself am more satisfiied using the “turn off display” extension in Gnome DE. In this way I can turn the screen on &off whenever I want it to…

• @George-Pantelis said:

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I myself am more satisfiied using the “turn off display” extension in Gnome DE. In this way I can turn the screen on &off whenever I want it to…

Thank you George, this works well!

• @bmeister said:

@George-Pantelis said:

Thank you George, this works well!
    Glad you liked it, too…!
    Cheers!

• @George-Pantelis In the end, I did disable LightDM and install GDM. Now all my power saving features, including shutting down the display after the specified amount of time, work as expected. LightDM also had an issue that when I would perform a screen lock, it would just go to a white screen. I would have to CTL-ALT-F1 to get back to the desktop. This was also resolved with GDM.

• Yeah, I know. LightDM has got its drawbacks. To me it is just the going to black screen that doesn`t work. Not a real problem, since I prefer tutning it on/of myself via the gnome extention tool.
    Cheers
    Discard Submit
    COMPOSE o- bla

• I had time to play around with my computer over the weekend. Instead of Antergos, I tried Kaos. Much to my chagrin, the power issue still was present. I tried Mint LMDE 2 with the same issue. Finally I tried Elementary. Again the monitor would not power down at the five minute setting.

I post this to clarify that this is not an Antergos issue. I have been trying to Triple Boot. For some reason Power Management options do not work on the third OS installed. Perhaps it has something to do with Grub or the UEFI Bios. I have no idea.

I currently dual boot Windows 8.1 & Linux Mint. Both are fine with Power Management. It looks like my Triple Boot days are over until I figure this out.

• Sorry for posting to a thread that is a year old. I am considering coming back to Antergos but I wanted to check in to see if the Power Management issue has been addressed. I would like to Triple Boot Win 10, Mint and Antergos.

I can say that the issue does not exist with Sabayon, which I used for two months with Plasma 5.5. Unfortunately, Kernel updates were causing Plasma to crash so I’m looking for a solid rolling distro.

Thanks for any help or thoughts on this subject.

• @parkslope , you had better start a new topic. Though I think the only secure answer is trying on your specific hardware. What does n work for you doesn t either mean that it doesn t work for me.

Posts 28Views 12396
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.