• Automatic or manual system update ?

Hello,

The automatic updates doesn’t work for me in XFCE when I click on top right /!\ pink update warning icon I see the list of updates required but then when I try to apply the update I’m stuck with an authentification error message. I think it’s normal as the application doesn’t ask for any sudo password. So I use the manual command line: pacman -Syu but is there any another faster solution please ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

• Hi, Pamac relies on polkit for authentication. Check to see that you have polkit and polkit-gnome installed (or lxpolkit if you prefer). Also check that the polkit auth agent is launched at the start of your session. More information can be found here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Polkit

Cheers!

• Thank you for your quick answer, I will try it.

• I’ve looked into it but stopped as it seems to be a known issue in GitHub: Lxpolkit in XFCE #249
    Opened by prescott66 . I didn’t know there was a Github bug report page.

• I’m not sure about lxsession but I use polkit-gnome with XFCE on my laptop and it works fine.

pacman109 update55 Posts 5Views 2456
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.